Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #771
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Roadhouse View Post
Given the limited living space in an Outlaw or Canyon Star, would you full time in one?...
Funny you say "limited" space in this style RV.

I submit the typical COW (condo on wheels) is a much less useful space.

Both brands mentioned have a full use RV in the forward 2/3 of the motorhome and the Outlaw has the extra 2nd story space of the loft.

When unloaded, the garage in these RV's becomes a very large space that can be an extension of either; the interior, or clean but exterior space.
*As an interior space, it is a den, shop, craft room, or similar -
*As extension, but clean part of the exterior, it's a sunroom, patio, dining area or similar. Both brands offer a bug screen and new Outlaws have a 3 Season door/glass wall at the back of the garage.
*And don't forget the ramp can be used as very large above ground deck:
Click image for larger version

Name:	58f53c79a7451d65081da9ee.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	228185

Name:	10424381_1428527354080141_55367864_n.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	228186

The dedicated full bedroom in a COW is just wasted space, except for the hours (night or day) when you are in bed.

Specific to full-timers, yes - several members here and others live full-time in these RV's.

Photo credit to RVOUTLAWZ

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Roadhouse View Post
Given the limited living space in an Outlaw or Canyon Star, would you full time in one? About 27-29' on average living space with 10' -12' of garage. Looking at one for full time but concerned about the space.
While we don't full time, we did live in our Canyon Star for 3-4 months each winter for a couple winters. Have since down sized to our 25' travel trailer, a Winnebago 2500RL, and we are again living in it for 3-4 months, this being our 3rd year in the trailer.

We are perfectly happy living in this much space with our 2 small dogs for the couple months, but would also not have any problem doing it full time, if and when that becomes an option. We don't feel we have given up anything, living space wise in down sizing from the 29' of living space in the Canyon Star to the 25' in the travel trailer. In fact we enjoy the layout of the travel trailer more.

The ONLY thing we would possibly miss using the travel trailer vs the Canyon Star full timing would be the storage space if full timing. We have plenty of storage in the tt and we need good storage as we both ride motorcycles that we take south with us, so our moto gear takes up quite a bit of space. We still find unused space in the tt, but the Canyon Star had tons of space that we never even came close to utilizing all of.

What rv are you coming from? or is this your first? Have you ever lived on a sailboat?
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #773

We had a 2016 Canyon Star for 2 yrs and then traded it for a 2018 Ventana. I loved the Canyon Star, it had lots of storage and we could put our dogs in the toy hauler when we left the campground for awhile. They actually loved it back there with tv and ac. I love the diesel pusher power, but I miss all that storage we had in the Canyon Star. We don't have to carry a lot, so I have learned to take only what we really need. I was taking 4 outdoor chairs, we only needed 2 , so we eliminated that. You learn as you go along.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #774

My wife & I live in our 2016 canyon star 3921 for 5 months a year. 4 bicycles & a motorcycle plus flat tow a Honda crv. Plenty of room for us.
slojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #775

Thor Outlaw 37MD Mobile Campaign Office...

Saw this in the news and wanted to share with the community how versatile toyhaulers can be as demonstrated in the use for a campaigning mobile office. I'm still waiting for the return of the MD floorplan back to the lineup.

[No political affiliation or endorsement is intended by the posting of this reply]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Stacy Abrams Outlaw RV.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	232124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stacy Abrams Outlaw RV(1).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	232125  

Aus_10_Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #776

Yes, they certainly are the most versatile motorhome you can buy. On the local tv news last week here was a report on a Phx police response to a crime scene. I immediately noticed the mobile command center was a Outlaw MD. I find it quite ironic that an official law enforcement vehicle has large "OUTLAW" decals on all four sides
Old 02-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #777

Y'all are making me want a toy-hauler...
cmcconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #778

They are really good at escaping Canadian winters...

Old 02-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #779

And they are really good at enduring Nebraska surprise mid-October snows:
[IMG][/IMG]

And good at helping you to enjoy breakfast with a view:
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #780

"hauling in the garage 3 quads,2 dirtbikes,1 Rzr900xp, 1 smart42 & 1 sewing machine based in central AZ"
Damn that's a big garage. Can we get a pic with all those loaded. :-) I thought I was doing good to get two motorcycles and two bicycles loaded into our Canyon Star. ;-)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #781

Ya bross, I would need 3 1/2 Outlaws to carry all those toys at the same time. That is certainly not in my budget.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #782

We just bought an 08 Bounty Hunter diesel. So far, so good. Our first real trip, aside from driving it back from San Antonio, comes this Easter. In between then I've got to finish up wiring my toad for towing. That should get handled this weekend, I hope. Then it's on to minor things just to make everything more comfortable.

I will say, the bedroom above the garage does have a bit of a challenge with the stairs in the middle of the night when nature calls, but it's definitely comfortable.
ronaprhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #783

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaprhys View Post
We just bought an 08 Bounty Hunter diesel. So far, so good. Our first real trip, aside from driving it back from San Antonio, comes this Easter. In between then I've got to finish up wiring my toad for towing. That should get handled this weekend, I hope. Then it's on to minor things just to make everything more comfortable.

I will say, the bedroom above the garage does have a bit of a challenge with the stairs in the middle of the night when nature calls, but it's definitely comfortable.

Hah! Over here and ADVrider aren't you
Old 04-05-2019, 05:43 AM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Hah! Over here and ADVrider aren't you
Yup! Enjoying the ride all around.

But unlike buying a new R1200GSA, this is a used coach, which means lots of minor repairs, modifications, and upgrades.
ronaprhys is offline   Reply With Quote