RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #15

Our home decor has never been "traditional", and at this point, we have a very mid century modern vibe in our house. Our homes for the last 20 years (since leaving CA) look nothing like our neighbors do inside, to say the least.

Getting over, and avoiding completely in many / most cases, RV model's interior design is something we struggled with. Sorry, it is important to us, and we were not into doing an RV interior gut job when we got into this......

It's just is not that hard to offer a nice flat front cabinet, and a few options on furniture, accents, wall coverings, etc. that would provide more contemprary options than what is out generally there. The funny thing is, if you look at a Winnebago ad from the late '60s early '70s, it was all about being hip and cool, now, um, well, not so much.

On the other hand, most folks tend to follow thier parents footsteps in thier home decor, it's just what they grew up with and feel comfortable with. At best, newer RVs seem to have turned to the, rustic, dark, heavy, and overstuffed Restoration Hardware look as much as anything else.

The Airstream International is where we started our looking into getting an RV, but we just did not think it would really meet our travel needs.

The "new" Winnebago Brave line has a very sleek interior design. Kind of mid century meets early '70s vibe. We really liked it the interior style, but the larger one was not yet on the market when we were looking in late 2014. On the other hand, the Brave line just does not seem suited for extended travel, so given our needs we just passed on waiting for the larger the Brave.

As noted, the Monoco Vesta has a nice modern feel interior, but that was a short lived model for some reason. We did have one as a "neighbor" recently, but I didn't have a chance to meet them.

Once you get into the Prevost / Newell / Fortravel, you get some "unique" interiors, but that is not to say they are particularly tasteful either.

In the end, getting an RV that would meet our needs for extended travel, we ordered our Tffin with an interior that we can at least live with, including cream upholstery and light accents.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Change is very difficult for a lot of people.
Maybe the mfg's are putting in cabinets that the vast majority of their buyers want?

I guarantee that if most buyers wanted "modern" cabinets, they would be in thee.
mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check out the Newmar "King Aire" line, they have contemporary cabinets.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With a family a bath and a half would be priority two. Bunk beds number one.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
With a family a bath and a half would be priority two. Bunk beds number one.
Hmm
I missed the family part..... mebbe look at retired tour/entertainment buses?
They would have bunks for all the family members, as well as full galley & bath.
I found quite a few that bunk 5+ and under $225k, high miles on some of them but that isn't a big thing for a commercial rig
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #20

The traditional design is geared towards the old people they have on the pics of the brochures. I Lol'd when I saw the brochure for my 2004 winnebago. Yes I am in my 50s yes I have grey hair but really? The design on the newer ones are for old people too. Its like trying to find furniture locally where I live. Seriously gets right on my nerves. The younger people here all like the overstuffed traditional look of furniture around here too. Where are the fun colors and sleek designs?

I did notice that the older conversion busses are pretty sleek although they can have sort of an 80s vibe some of them were really well done.

There are some nice tour busses near me. I wandered through a few but weren't in my price range. . Prevost, Eagle, Mci, Setra, Used, Pre-owned, Minibus, Coaches,
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #21

Ya know, the "old people" stereotype is really starting to get old . . .

I just went to the Tiffin website and on their front page is an Allegro MH video with a young family with very young children. Unfortunately to OUR "old people taste" the woodwork in the unit in the video is dated and boring, but apparently, according to the video, its what "young people" want . . .
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
Ya know, the "old people" stereotype is really starting to get old . . .

I just went to the Tiffin website and on their front page is an Allegro MH video with a young family with very young children. Unfortunately to OUR "old people taste" the woodwork in the unit in the video is dated and boring, but apparently, according to the video, its what "young people" want . . .
Haha maybe their designers are old and the ad people are young. lol

I bet if someone did an anonymous poll using age and taste in furnishings you would find we are probably the exception. Where is the color and fun. Everything is browns and blacks.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Haha maybe their designers are old and the ad people are young. lol

I bet if someone did an anonymous poll using age and taste in furnishings you would find we are probably the exception. Where is the color and fun. Everything is browns and blacks.
We have actually stumbled into several models from the 2005-2008 era that have an antique white interior wood finish. Still "classic" build cabinet doors but at least different from the multiple shades of brown that is so typical.

Personally we would love to see the cabinet style that Monaco used in their Vesta model of 2011/2012 in a newer rear engine unit . . . but if wishes and hopes . . .
Old 08-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
We have actually stumbled into several models from the 2005-2008 era that have an antique white interior wood finish. Still "classic" build cabinet doors but at least different from the multiple shades of brown that is so typical.

Personally we would love to see the cabinet style that Monaco used in their Vesta model of 2011/2012 in a newer rear engine unit . . . but if wishes and hopes . . .
I would love to paint my cabinets. Ive seen some light grey projects that improved things but painting cabinets sucks and I don't hate them enough...yet. lol

I am doing other things though. As soon as I can find a fabric that works with the couch and the sage green. I love green but this camper has put a damper on it for me haha.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #25

The American Eagle Heritage Edition has the most modern cabinets I have seen.

Tags
class a