Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #29

The good news is, that even with old threads - others that search for similar topics can learn what to look for and how to fix issues. The OP is just one of many searching for answers.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRooster View Post
Well this seems to be a common problem for many. I just had a new windshield put in today but the problem persists. I have a gap at the top corner passenger side. I'm assuming there must have been some flex or roof damage with the last owner because I can see a bead of silicon that had been applied before.

So here's my plan, please tell me if you think I'm crazy: I've lightly sanded and prepped the area, masked it off, I am going to pack the void with backer rod and then use flex seal over that to basically bond the rubber gasket with the body.

Do you guys think that'll work?

I’ve had poor results with flex seal
Sugardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Classic Winnie problem. Metal around windshield has rusted away. You can try taping it with Gorilla tape to get home.

Need to pull both windshields, cut out rotted metal and replace it, then remount windshields and gaskets.

Ouch, mine wasn’t that bad. Some grinding and rustoleum.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #32

Ive also had the roof blow partially off. The more I learn about WB, the more I more I consider them junk. Then again my friend with his 300k Tiffin is even worse off.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #33

Take a look at Den Braven products..

https://www.denbraven.com/en/product...from_root=true

This stuff is amazing.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #34

Winshield Leak What I Did

I bought a 1993 Winnebago Elante with the usual Winnebago water/rust/seal problem around the windshield, especially bad around the plenum. Biggest problem was that the previous owner did a half-way fixit and I was missing a good amount if weatherstip. I cleaned up the area as best I could and applied a bead of caulk (don't use a silicone caulk, use an automotive grade window caulk or maybe a polyester based caulk). Let it dry and taped it off with painter's tape and then applied several coats of Flex-Seal and its been good so far. No leaks, no flexing, and no $2000 replacement bill.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #35

Coming from the boat building industry, I’m a big fan of 3M products, if you don’t plan on disassembly. 5200 marine sealer for places out of the sun, 4000 if you need UV protection.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Surprised that not more folks mention Eternabond tape. The stuff is very durable and more than just a temporary fix. My neighbor used it to seal his Itasca windshield leaks and it's held up for years.
thundr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #37

WB recommends against it, if you believe them.