Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #1

Class A windshield wipers

I have a Thor Windsport Prestige 32' Class A with Dyna windshield wipers. I need to replace the drivers side wiper but have 0 info inthe manual and can;t find a dealer who has a replacement. I can't even figure how you get the wiper blade off. Need some good help.
Martymarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #2

Sorry your having problems; and that without seeing your wipers ; I can't really help.
What year is your coach ?
The year may make a difference, to any one that can provide the info you need.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have a Monaco knight and I just measured the length of the wipers and bought some at Costco put them on and all is good
Yellowpointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martymarine View Post
I have a Thor Windsport Prestige 32' Class A with Dyna windshield wipers. I need to replace the drivers side wiper but have 0 info inthe manual and can;t find a dealer who has a replacement. I can't even figure how you get the wiper blade off. Need some good help.
Take a photo if you can and go to a Napa or Car Quest with the length and I'm sure they can help you to remove and install. Or take the coach.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replacing wipers is straight foreward but... The wipers may be expensive or hard to find.. I drive a Damon Intruder (Cousin to what you drive also a Thor coach) and when I went to replace them I found mine are a common length sold at a reasonable price in auto departments and stores (NOTE: I won't mention the lenght because you really need to measure yours)

The problem is that the mounting was different.. It's a bolt on not a clip on and the ones in the stores were clip on.

So I simply removed a pin, drilled out a hole a bit, and for like 10 bucks a side had new wiper blades.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
If it has 2 screws that mount them to the arms, you can get Anco 48-17 adapters. The blades should be 26 inch.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
A lot of guys that have rigs with blades that were originally 32" are replacing them with 28" blades. Just sayin. They are easier to find and they work nearly as well.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #8

After much searching I discovered the answer. Tru-Vision TV8-32 wipers. They are J hook wipers and to remove them from the coach, depress the tab and work it off the arm. It is TOO BAD that the coach manufactures don't put this information in the manual, as well as, what size & type of lights and in the coach.
Martymarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
PPL Motor Homes as 32" wipers in stock!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martymarine View Post
Save yourself some time and pain and drive it into Auto Zone or Advanced Auto. Let them match it up and change it out as well, with this free service. I just changed mine again while on the road this summer, but easier for me to just remove and get the same thing at one of these stores while out shopping.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #11

When I replaced the wipers on my rv I measured them, then went to an auto parts store and told the salesman I needed 32" wipers. He said I must have measured them wrong since he'd never heard of blades that long. So, I measured then again (knowing I was right) and went to an Auto Zone on the way home from a camping trip. Sure enough they had the proper 32" blades. But, boy, were they expensive.
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #12

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBobby View Post
When I replaced the wipers on my rv I measured them, then went to an auto parts store and told the salesman I needed 32" wipers. He said I must have measured them wrong since he'd never heard of blades that long. So, I measured then again (knowing I was right) and went to an Auto Zone on the way home from a camping trip. Sure enough they had the proper 32" blades. But, boy, were they expensive.
The one's I buy aren't very expensive at all, but then I don't think they're that long either. I could've paid more, but went with the economical brand and will get a substantial amount of use from them.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBobby View Post

None of the auto parts stores in my area carry 32" blades. The longest they have are 28". I ended up getting a pair of 28" at Costco for less than $10 for two of them.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #14

Trico 68-281 68 Series Heavy Duty Black Vented Wiper Blade for Curved Windshields, 28" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Amazon to the rescue, Mine had 24 inch wipers I installed 28 for more visibility.

I used the Trico site to pick them out by part number.

Ted.

Tags
class a