Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2022, 05:57 PM   #1

Clean Microwave Convection Oven

How do you clean you microwave convection oven. What chemicals?
Cadrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2022, 06:10 PM   #2

Inside or outside, it doesn't matter, I use dish water soap mixture before I wash dishes, takes perhaps 10 seconds to wipe inside and outside. Ours doesn't get dirty inside very much as we use microwave splatter shields or paper towels to cover everything that gets reheated that might cause a mess.
The reason I do it, DW is too short to reach the microwave oven. I bought her a countertop convection oven to keep her from getting burned trying to use the OEM microwave oven.
I love to eat, anything to make it easy for her cooking.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:34 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I just use 409 on ours, both inside the house and in the motorhome. I try not to spray into the fan vent, just wipe that with a cloth moist with 409.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:01 PM   #4

My Mom told me to boil a cup of water for 4 or 5 minutes, in the microwave. Let it cool down for a bit (so you don't burn yourself) and then wipe it out with a clean cloth.
Interestingly, my new kitchen stove has a new feature on the panel, Steam Clean. Put a couple of cups of water in the bottom of the oven and start steam clean button. When cool, wipe out. No chemicals or cleaners. Its always worked for me with the microwave, haven't had to clean the stove yet.

Ken
Kenny Loney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:24 PM   #5

Totally Awesome spray from dollar store is probably best buy cleaner wise. Not as caustic as many degreasers, so your hands don't all weird. If inside if bad boil water several minutes spray close let sit for a while.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:43 PM   #6

Post #4 is the traditional winner - no mess, no cost, no chemicals.

Kenney Loney Wins today's prize and OP gets a clean microwave!
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, I've used really wet paper towels on a large paper plate, set on 'high' for a couple of minutes and let sit for five. Only had to do this once after I forgot about the spaghetti meat sauce explosion the night before. Well...there was the oatmeal incident. Anyway, it works well.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loney View Post
My Mom told me to boil a cup of water for 4 or 5 minutes, in the microwave. Let it cool down for a bit (so you don't burn yourself) and then wipe it out with a clean cloth.
Interestingly, my new kitchen stove has a new feature on the panel, Steam Clean. Put a couple of cups of water in the bottom of the oven and start steam clean button. When cool, wipe out. No chemicals or cleaners. Its always worked for me with the microwave, haven't had to clean the stove yet.

Ken
Warning: Boiling water in the microwave is dangerous as it may explode. Don't just believe me. Read your owner's manual and it will warn you of the risks. you can also search the Internet for exploding water stories. I had boiled water in the microwave without a worry and then it happen to me twice, back-to-back. 80% of the scalding water exploded out of the measuring cup. In my case there was a slight residue of cooking oil in the cup that inhibited the boiling of the water until it was disturbed. Please don't believe that tap water won't do this. It will. There are a lot of variables but the risk is real. There are several ways to mitigate the risk. Put a wooden spoon in the water and air bubbles from the wood disturb the water while it's heating and avoid the risk. Or, as I do, I saturate my kitchen sponge with water and "cook" it in the microwave for several minutes until it's almost dry. The sponge is disinfected and the microwave is left with water on its surfaces ready for wiping down.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, oven