Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Clear Bras

Has anyone invested in a clear bra? The former owner of our MH had a bra that was stolen when he had it parked at an RV park. The hardware from the bra is still on the coach. He gave the coach a new full body paint job and had a new bra installed, but they tried to use the same hardware and he said the new bra just flapped in the wind because they didn't get it tight enough with the old hardware, so he got mad and left it with them. We were at an RV show in Spokane and one booth was peddling clear bras. I asked what it would cost to install it and he said roughly $1000. This seems really high to me since I've seen fabric bras on the internet at $399. He had samples of it and it was really thin. You could hardly tell it was there. He said no yellowing, cracking etc......but $1000?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I do not know the price, but the 3M product that is applied to the front works very well. This is a product that is applied once and is not easily removable. It is permanently affixed to the front of the coach.

I know many higher end coaches have this or something similar applied. Check with a MH dealer and see what they offer.

I have this product on my cars and it works well for deflecting small stones and salt pellets here in the northeast
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #3

The 3M product is crap! I had it on my previous coach and hated it. My friends wished they didn't have it also. I have had black quality bra's and liked them but it should be removed when parked. They will hurt the finish if not removed. I have the clear Body Block now and like it a lot.....this is the type that stands off from the body about three inches. It's not cheap but is almost indestructible.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #4

It is a standard feature on the Tiffins. Last car I had done was $700. It is quite a bit of labor and skill to put it on. $1k is not out if line for an RV.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I just pulled out the information he gave me at the show.....It is 3M.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #6

Have the Invisible Bra on mine...you cant tell its there...hmmm wonder if it is? Anyway seems to work well...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here's what American Coach puts on all the new rigs: http://http://www.diamond-shield.com...rotection+Film
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #8

CC installed the 3M clear bra in 2004 and have had no problems at all. No peeling, bubbles or yellowing.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #9

I know XPel makes a good quality product. The stuff I had on my car was excellent. I don't remember how much it cost but wasn't to awful. Here's the link:

Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.

They make it for RV's but you'll have to call in advance to see what they have.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar had it as standard on some DSDP's around 2004. Friends got it on their 2004. After a few years it got bug stained and scratched from trying the remove the stains. Then it started getting mold around the edges. Not sure what happened after that as she lost her job and he had to scale down his printing business with the downturn so they sold the rig.
I'd rather go without it and repaint after 10 years or so. Ours is 11 model years old now and doesn't look too bad for never having protection.
We did get a factory installed black vinyl bra on our 2000 DSDP. Had to take it off if it got wet and let it dry, plus sand got between the bra and would abrade the paint. Just too much trouble.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #11

Bras

I got rid of my old black bra (on the coach) and had the front sprayed with truck bed liner. I liked it so well I had it sprayed on the cargo doors as well. Easy maintenance. Looks good also.
smith45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Here's what American Coach puts on all the new rigs: http://http://www.diamond-shield.com...rotection+Film
Diamond shield works! 1K is the cost! Priced all entity's on our last coach a 03 Excursion. They wanted $1200.00? What's the cost of a new fabric bra?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith45 View Post
I got rid of my old black bra (on the coach) and had the front sprayed with truck bed liner. I liked it so well I had it sprayed on the cargo doors as well. Easy maintenance. Looks good also.
Now you need to post some pics.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #14

Well, I have some pictures--but--I don't know how to post them on here ..Shoot, I can just barely turn this computer on :-) Any help would be appreciated..Click image for larger version

Name:	Assorted Family 011.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	33508
smith45 is offline   Reply With Quote