Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
My experience with Coach-Net was very positive the one time I needed their help. First question "you in a safe place", explained problem & gave call back # in case of a disconnect, got an RV tech that knew my coach to walk through problem, discovered a hydraulic line blew (kinda obvious from all the fluid under the coach), got the biggest tow truck I've ever seen in about 10 minutes, got an 80 mile tow to a factory service center, got followup calls to insure all was ok.

I was totally satisfied.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My experience was similar. They were very courteous and professional. Followed up with me on the phone twice, then the tow company called to give an eta. The service was excellent and they fixed the problem right there in the rest area and had me back on the road within 90 minutes of the initial call. This happened on a SUnday night a 1:00 AM.

I won't leave home with out them.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #17

I just renewed with Coach-Net, and notice it is now a part of, or owned by, National Motor Club. Has anyone had experience with Coach-Net since this change?
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been with Coach-Net for 7 years. Thankfully we only had to be towed once. Their fist question to us was "Are you in a safe location?". They were very professional and helpful. We are very happy with Coach-Net.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Had to use them twice. The last time was a month ago. I was satisfied with the servce so I will renew this year.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Have been trying to decide between Coach Net and GS. Guess I'll go with Coach Net.
wizzo442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
The service is to send a roadside mechanic or a tow truck.

All repair costs are paid by the owner.

They wanted to tow me to a large parking lot on a Sunday afternoon and get a mobile mechanic to repair my broken fuel line. Our rig would be in a safe location and it could be left there overnight. I was not enthusiastic about that solution. (In retrospect, it would have been much cheaper and no less convenient since we could run our generator.)

I insisted on being towed to the Cummins Dealer about 60 miles further down the road. Coach-net did the checking on where to leave the vehicle and the intitial contact with Cummins West.

Good service.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #22

Received 1 year Coach Net with purchase of my Fleetwood M/H and was undecided on whether or not to renew when the year is up. It would seem from the feedback here, there is a strong positive message with the overall satisfaction of the company...made my decision to renew.
aschuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #23

Absolutely the best ERS out there. Wouldn't drive without them. AND no tons of junk mail like you get with GS.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
I just renewed with Coach-Net, and notice it is now a part of, or owned by, National Motor Club. Has anyone had experience with Coach-Net since this change?
Per my OP, my experience was just this week, which I'd say is definetely in the post-NMC era
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #25
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Love Coach net been using them since 2001.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #26

Dang, now I feel bad and think I've been wasting money. I pay Coach Net for the policy, in fact I pay several years at a time, currently I'm paid until late 2014. But I've never used it. I need to find something to break so I can get my money's worth out of it.......... or maybe not.

Ken
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #27

My only complaint with them was their insistence that I provide a mile marker for where I was, which was a 2 lane road in northern MI. I wanted to reach through the phone and rip the idiot back through to my side so I could show them there was NO mile marker, even though she didn't believe me. The repair guy took 4 hours to show up, and thank goodness I had a mounted spare or I would have been screwed.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
My only complaint with them was their insistence that I provide a mile marker for where I was, which was a 2 lane road in northern MI. I wanted to reach through the phone and rip the idiot back through to my side so I could show them there was NO mile marker, even though she didn't believe me. The repair guy took 4 hours to show up, and thank goodness I had a mounted spare or I would have been screwed.
I would have just given them GPS Co-ordinates or the distance from the next GPS checkpoint. Sometimes you just have to walk them through a little.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote