Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #1

Coach-Net

Hi,

Has anyone here had an experience with Coach-Net?

I received an offer for coach protection from them and am wondering how they stack up against Good Sam.

Thanks,

Mike...

I
Flameryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #2

I have used them on two occasions, once when I had a tire blow out on RV and once when wife accidentally locked keys in car. Both times we were very satisfied with thei service. Very quick to respond and sent quality service personnel. I am very happy with them.
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've used them once, for a tire problem, very satisfied.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #4

I had to call them up on Memorial day at 8:00 am when the lock broke to our TT and we could not get in. They had somebody out and we were good to go by 10:30 am. I thought that was pretty good for so early on a holiday.
Gobrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coach Net

I have Coach Net ERS, but have not needed to call them, yet. Reading on this, and the Open Roads Forum sites, Coach Net seems to have a better reputation the GS ERS.

I do understand that the new leadership (Marcus Lemonis) at Good Sam/Camping World has worked hard to improve their service.

Some times it just depends on the service contractor in the area of your break down.

You should get some more responses from your query,as everyone has an opinion!

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #6

The most widely respected ERS available. Have had both GS and CoachNet and prefer Coachnet.

Used them both and Coachnet has always sent the right person or truck for the job (unlike GS). Even in a remote area of Canada. Only problem I ever had with them was a young gal that sent the tow truck to the other side of town, even though I gave explicit directions to where I was stalled. Then my phone ran out of minutes. Then when the tow truck found me, it broke down just as it tried to lift my RV (hydraulic failure). So that one time it took 4-5 hours to get 10 miles to the shop.

But I'm a big Coachnet fan.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #7

Remember, when you need ERS you sort of expect immediate help, and since you are already bummed by the problem, it will be difficult to make you happy.
That said: I was not satisfied with Coach-Net. We were on the 101 in Washington, Thursday before a holiday weekend. Needed help with the jacks which would not go up. The on-call telephone tech just read to me the instruction guide, which I told him I had in my hand. Then they called the office at campground I was at to get the name of a local mobile tech. They called out the RV tech, but I had to pay for the service call. Basicly, in my case, Coach-Net was useless.
I now have Good Sam. I have not had occassion to use them, and hope and pray that I will never have occassion to use them.
Happy Trails, and may you never need your ERS either.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
You need to keep in mind an Emergency Roadside Service is not designed to "Repair" your unit, it's to get you off the road and to a repair facility. If you want help getting the unit repaired, you might look into a "Extended Service" plan.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #9

We have had Coach Net for almost 10 years, and have used them a number of times. They have always been responsive. We have had to be towed a number of times with our old unit, and one time the bill was over $800. We only had to sign our names, they took care of the bill. We have been very please with them. Wouldn't go one the road without them.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #10

I agree we want the ERS to get the unit to safety.

We have extended warranty for repairs.

I think we will go with Coach-Net.

Again, thank you to all that replied, I am so impressed with the degree of help and response to requests etc.

Mike...
Flameryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
They called out the RV tech, but I had to pay for the service call. Basicly, in my case, Coach-Net was useless.
Yep, Coach-Net is for emergency break downs to get your rig to a safe location. It does not cover any of the cost of repairs.
Our starter went out right in front of the house, Coach-Net had us towed to a repair shop, cost was about $700. I just signed the slip at the shop. The cost of the starter and labor ($1006) was our expense.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #12

We have had both GS and Coach Net. Will never go back to GS.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had Coach Net for over 10 years, would not leave home without it.
Also have GS extended warranty
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
You need to keep in mind an Emergency Roadside Service is not designed to "Repair" your unit, it's to get you off the road and to a repair facility. If you want help getting the unit repaired, you might look into a "Extended Service" plan.

fred
I agree with Fred! Their service is one of roadside assistance certainly not one of repairing an RV. This is the responsibility of the owner! EWS or new warranty, I am positive GS would handle this situation exactly as Coach Net
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote