Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #15

Hmmm, I may not renew my Coachnet and go with Good Sam next year after hearing this...
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #16

Good Sam is the same. These are more towing, tire repair, breakdown on the road type services. If I had that type of problem I would be looking for a competent RV tech service, or do it myself.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Hmmm, I may not renew my Coachnet and go with Good Sam next year after hearing this...

Never a good idea to make a significant decision based on a single account. User reviews of CoachNet remain overwhelmingly positive.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have had coachnet for over 5 years
only used them a few times
but each time the event went down without a hitch, actually they seemed over caring and ensured we got back moving and were safe and sound through follow up phone calls

but my contract states labor and repairs are not covered,
they are not a warranty company, but a emergency roadside assistance company
i have nothing but good to say about them.
it would be nice if we could get affordable all inclusive repair warranties. for the price we pay coach net
i would call them back and try to resolve or understand the issue

i think liberty coach is the only rv builder that comes with lifetime warranty
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORCHDOG View Post
Thanks to all who have responded, I paid the charge because it was almost dark, there were two men, a woman and a child in there group, and I figured I could get it straightened out the next day or so with Coach-Net. That didn't happen. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, we will see how that works out. I was fortunate to locate Davis Motorhome Mart in Memphis and they were great and fixed me up right. KOA was great too. As for how long they were there, maybe less than an hour.
I have never had a problem with Coach-Net before either but then, I never had to dispute a claim nor ask to speak to the claim department. That is the second rub with me. Turn me down if you must, but talk to me. Everything had to go through the "supervisor". It sounds like the mechanic hit me up for beer money because the charge on my credit card was to a company different from the name on the invoice, but I didn't know that until I got my credit card statement. One good thing, I will never have to deal with Coach-Net again.
I have a jpeg of the invoice but don't know how to post it, sorry.. the charge is for "Service call to Memphis KOA leveling jacks won't raise blowed valve"
It seems at first that Coach-net is at fault but, I believe they acted properly with this one. He charged you for something he didn't do and you paid him. Coach-net kept their part of the bargain. The only thing they were guilty of is sending the wrong tech and if you would have called them back, they would have dispatched the right one. You are lucky to get to talk to a supervisor. A lot of companies won't let you. I have had Coach-net for 7 years and used the twice with excellent service. Had a call on a tire issue and they dispatched the same co that my friend used thru Good Sam. They use the same people. If you really believe they should pay, I'd dump em too. Good Luck
Rich
Old 08-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know if I missed something on the Coach Net site but I didn't see anything listed to repair RV systems. They are a Road Assistance service that takes care of flat tires, gas, need a serpentine belt replaced, driveline related service etc. I've never known them to work on jacks, slideouts, a/c systems etc. You need to call a local mobile RV tech for that. As far as going to Good Sam you might want to do some checking before doing that. There are plenty of negative posts about them. I have never had a problem with Coach Net. Thankfully we have not had to use them with our present coach but used them 3 times with our prior coach.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I don't know if I missed something on the Coach Net site but I didn't see anything listed to repair RV systems. They are a Road Assistance service that takes care of flat tires, gas, need a serpentine belt replaced, driveline related service etc. I've never known them to work on jacks, slideouts, a/c systems etc. You need to call a local mobile RV tech for that. As far as going to Good Sam you might want to do some checking before doing that. There are plenty of negative posts about them. I have never had a problem with Coach Net. Thankfully we have not had to use them with our present coach but used them 3 times with our prior coach.
I have the old "Gold" plan which does include "RV technical and Roadside Assistance". I think when they were sold to the present group, their plans changed significantly and prices went up but, I am only a**uming I still have the RV technical assistance. Haven't heard anything to the contrary yet. Maybe I should give them a call. I know they won't pay to fix the RV. Thanks
Rich
Old 08-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarner View Post
I have the old "Gold" plan which does include "RV technical and Roadside Assistance". I think when they were sold to the present group, their plans changed significantly and prices went up but, I am only a**uming I still have the RV technical assistance. Haven't heard anything to the contrary yet. Maybe I should give them a call. I know they won't pay to fix the RV. Thanks
Rich
That's the same plan we have. Had to use it a couple times over the years. Last time was for a bad starter and I was parked right in front of the house. Tow truck driver towed us to a FL shop that told CN they could get to it right away. Got there and the shop denied ever saying that and there was a 1 week wait to get into the shop. The driver knew of another place (Pacific Power) that was in the opposite direction and closer to our home. CN paid for the towing to that shop even though, technically, it was a second tow. Cost was over $700 for the tows and CN paid without any problems.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Never a good idea to make a significant decision based on a single account. User reviews of CoachNet remain overwhelmingly positive.
I think this is sage advice here.
Southpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #24

I am happy to report that I did get a call from a NMC manager and that call has restored my faith in the company. He listened, understood what I was saying and was sympathetic to my plea. Not to say he necessarily agrees but he is listening AND I am talking to someone in authority and directly. Now THIS is customer service!
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have CN and have never used them. My view, perhaps wrong, is their primary role is one of a 'roadside assistance' insurance. So if I have a tire issue or mechanical breakdown on the road and may need a new tire or tow, my expectation is they would be able to find someone near me to help with my roadside needs and have me towed if necessary (and cover the cost of the tow). I have no expectation they would pay for any labor, only the 'service call' or 'towing' charge.

If my coach developed an issue while I was in an RV park, I would start looking for a qualified mobile RV tech on my own.

In a case like the one described here, if CN sent someone who either could not or would not do what needed to be done, I would not be paying anyone. I might call CN and talk to them but I certainly would not give a mechanic they sent to me any $$ if he did nothing for me.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #26

I don't know what Coach Net plan I have. It came with my coach when I purchased it in June of 2006.

My latest experience was with my Jacks. My problems happened on the day after Thanksgiving and not much was open. I called Coach Net they connected me with their technical expert. Their technical expert had me check a number of things that could be wrong with my jacks but nothing helped. The manual for my jacks said that there was a jumper cable that can be use to get the jacks up in an emergency. He knew nothing about a jumper wire to retract my jacks.

I called a local RV dealer that had an open sales department. The receptionist said she would ask around to see if anyone knew where to find the cable. She called back to say that no one knew about a cable on the Winnebago Kwikee jacks. She called back about an hour later to say she had found where the cable was stored and that the men in the office were laughing at her. She asked me to crawl under the dash and look at the wires connecting to my jacks control box. I said that I had already looked but I would look once more. There it was, tie warped to the wire bundle, right where she said it should be. She was still on the phone so she could now thumb her nose at the men in the office.

I got my jacks up and called Coach Net to let them know that I was able to manually retract my jacks and that I would continue south. They said that when I had a new location give them a call and they would send someone to fix my jacks.

Coach Net sent an RV Technician but he couldn't find the problem. He spent several hours checking the system but didn't find the problem. He was going to call Power Gear the next day. Long story short that night I found an open circuit in the wires from the control panel and fixed the problem myself.

Even though Coach Net did not play a direct role in fixing my problem they, and the technician they sent, helped me rule out a lot of things that could be wrong and they helped me get a better understanding of the system so that I was able to find the problem.

The technician did not charge unless he fixed the problem so I was only out the cost for parts. I would have let him install the part for the time he spent looking for the problem but no parts were available at that time and when parts were available we had moved out of the area.

Safe travels.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #27

I understand you problem, as I had a similar situation, which is why I cancelled Coach Net and now have Good Sam. (I can't say GS is better as I have not had a major call and hope I never do.) Coach Net could not find an RV mechanic to my jacks on highway 101, in Washington, on a weekday morning. They finally found and sent a handyman (general contractor) recommended by the campground. I was told by CN that my charge would be $50. The handyman was not informed of this, and his charge was significantly greater. However, he did know how to bleed the hydraulic line to raise the jack, and was nimble enough to get under the MH and between the slide to reach the line. He got me back on the road, and I gladly paid his fee...but Coach Net was no help at all in this experience. I do believe FMCA no longer associates with Coach Net.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #28
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your problem with Coach Net

I have been with Coach Net for years and I have nothing but praise for them. They have always been there for me. Their concierge service has bailed me out twice. In both instances they followed up with me to make sure my problems were fixed and I was satisfied with the service.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote