Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I have to ask, did you provide ALL of the critical information to the Coach-Net Service provider on the very first call?

Such as :

Length of Coach
Width of Coach
Weight of Coach
Rating of Front Axle
Rating of Rear Axle
Total Weight
Height of Coach
Type of Suspension
How many Air Bags
Front Cap Slide or No Slide
Transmission Model Number
Distance from Front Cap to Front Axle
Clearance from Ground to Bottom of Coach
Ease of Access

I have a file on my PC with all of this information so when I have to contact Coach-Net they get this information to ensure that they send the appropriate equipment and people to handle my coach AND trailer.

You see, every time they tow me they have to bring two trucks one for my coach and one for my 12000 lb trailer.

I've been towed by Coach-Net three times and each one was trouble free and no damage.

Breakdown Near Coburg Oregon

Breakdown in Northern British Columbia

Third Breakdown in 18 Months

Can you imagine having the wrong size truck show up after driving 200 miles to get to you in Northern British Columbia.

I would venture a guess that they did NOT have the necessary information for the service that you were expecting.

These people do NOT have crystal balls.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
"adventure to guess" all you want. Your "crystal balls" are way off base. Unless you were privy to the conversations, then, at BEST, you are "assuming" necessary information was not provided, and we all know the facilities of "assuming" ANYTHING. Please give others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their ability to communicate with a service provider. After 40+ years in the insurance industry, I "think" I understand how to answer their simple questions with appropriate information and add supplemental, PERTINENT information for further clarification.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I had to call CN to verify exactly what level I have and it is Premier. Also because I bought it thru my Agent at Overland Ins. Co. (who are great by the way) I was able to get that 5yr. deal I mentioned earlier for $380. CN said they are partnered with Overland.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Coach-Net vs. Good Sam vs. FMCA Roadside Assistance

Here is the info line and address if needed.[ATTACH]148433
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post

After 40+ years in the insurance industry, I "think" I understand how to answer their simple questions with appropriate information and add supplemental, PERTINENT information for further clarification.
I'm not judging your ability to communicate or trying to be argumentative however there had to be an obvious communication breakdown somewhere in order to have a tow truck only capable of towing a 5000 lb car show up versus a Class 8 Tow Truck that can tow a 28,000 lb RV or an 80,000 lb commercial truck and trailer.

Hopefully whatever ERS company you end up using does a better job for you if you need a tow so you won't end up in a "tizzyfit" BUT will always end up being a "happy camper".

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I'm not judging your ability to communicate or trying to be argumentative however there had to be an obvious communication breakdown somewhere in order to have a tow truck only capable of towing a 5000 lb car show up versus a Class 8 Tow Truck that can tow a 28,000 lb RV or an 80,000 lb commercial truck and trailer.

Hopefully whatever ERS company you end up using does a better job for you if you need a tow so you won't end up in a "tizzyfit" BUT will always end up being a "happy camper".

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Gee, do you suppose CN could have had an employee who was totally clueless and even with ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION was incapable of connecting the dots?
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm glad I enrolled with CoachNet last year. I went with GS the first year we had the coach, but after reading so many negative reviews about GS I switched after one year. Thankfully have not had to use either plan.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #21

I have Good Sam. Not recommending them, just stating a fact. I had AAA but had problems with them twice towing family members to a safe location, then returning 3 hours later (as in contract) to tow them to a shop that was now closed. Also, the contract for RV coverage clearly states that RV coverage is not available in all regions, so you must hope for a refund. Had CoachNet, they could not find a mechanic to bring up my jacks on the 101 in Washington. Wanted me to wait at least 24 hours, on a Thursday. The campground found a mechanic and we were on our way. Dropped Coachnet. Good Sam has so far been called to change a tire on the family car. They sent a truck from far away, took 30 minutes to reach us in the suburbs of Los Angeles. But they got there, and changed the tire. So no real complaint. I have 3 years with GS. I know nothing about the FMCA program, which I think started last year. All are really only as good as the contract station that is called when you need help. Hope we never need the service. Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #22

The only plan I see for new members is $249 and it's the premier plan. GS is considerably less but not sure if I am better with CN
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
The only plan I see for new members is $249 and it's the premier plan. GS is considerably less but not sure if I am better with CN

Correct, for new members only. The price will revert to the $149 starting with the 2nd year of renewals
Old 01-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #24

With the coach I've ordered from Coachmen a free year of Coach-Net comes with it. I've not done much research on this subject as yet but would hope Coachmen wouldn't give me a year free of something that isn't any good.

From the reading I've done and what friends have said. Their recommendations are to have Coach-Net and FMCA.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #25

Do you know that you can get roadside service through your own vehicle insurance company tacked on to your policy for about $20? There are only a limited amount of towing companies in a particular area and all roadside use the same ones. When you call just give them all the pertinent information as to weight, size, etc. It really does work.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Correct, for new members only. The price will revert to the $149 starting with the 2nd year of renewals
I didn't see that on the web site, is it stated on there somewhere?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #27

I have been with CN for 7 years Gold level. Used them twice. Once for a bad rim on my 2005 Dolphin and one for a flat tire on my toad at Navajo Dam State Park. Both times I was extremely satisfied, could not ask for better or faster service.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I didn't see that on the web site, is it stated on there somewhere?
Since my renewal is coming up in about a month, and reading this thread on the price increase, I called Coach Net for the information. Their response was a first year price of $249 and will revert to $149 there after.

I have the option of getting the standard plan for $79 or going to the premier plan for $149. They will also give me a $10 discount on 1 year or $20 off on the 3 year plan. I always prefer to call and confirm.

How did you get your user name. I have a restored "61
lass is offline   Reply With Quote