Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #1

Coach Suspension Airs Up with Jacks Down 2005 Winnebago Journey

Hi all,
My coach suspension airs up when the engine is started and the jacks are down without hitting the "store" button. Is this normal? I thought that the suspension didn't usually air up until I stored the jacks, but its been so long I don't remember.

Any thoughts?

Sean
Rgrdad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2022, 05:23 PM   #2

On our motorhome there is a beeper that screams unmercifully when we turn the ignition full on, so I have never tried to air up with the jacks down. So I guess I don't know if our would or not!!
Ed Headington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yes....it's normal. As a matter of fact, I start my coach and let it air up before retracting the jacks. This prevents that sudden drop of the coach when the jacks retract.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:36 PM   #4

Mine will if road leveler valves height settings are not met ...as in the front or rear are too low. It will try to lower if as well if ,I did not to totally dump air bags and lift corner higher than ride height compared to corner.
My dump valve is pretty slow . I manually level will not totally drop as low as possible and get all out of level , just to raise it back up with the jacks. I think my old Crown Royale is lower than some others ,it only has/needs the single step.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 03:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Yes....it's normal. As a matter of fact, I start my coach and let it air up before retracting the jacks. This prevents that sudden drop of the coach when the jacks retract.

This is what I always do. Seems to work well and keeps the coach from any hard shifts when jacks are stored. I started this after a friends windshield cracked when he retracted the jacks without the coach aired up.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:14 AM   #6

Phew-thanks for your insight, everyone!
Rgrdad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #7

The Maxum Chassis I have airs up and the front dips when the jacks go up like a bus does when it opens the doors. I don’t why they programmed the dip into the system but they did. So when the jacks are all the way up, the front just about is aired up a second time.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, jacks, journey, suspension, winnebago