RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm curious, does the wait to start light go out after about 30 seconds? Also, fyi, my prior coach had chassis fuses in the front driver storage compartment, under the driver. These fuses should have plastic covers over them that you can remove to view the fuses. Not sure if they in the same location on your coach. Also, did you get a meter?

Sent from my SM-G920V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2018, 04:51 PM   #30

Well, I heard the most beautiful diesel engine ever running a short time ago. Yes, the mystery has been solved. After replacing about a half dozen cooked fuses I found the culprit in the rear distribution box. It was a 15a fuse called VEC-2 Batt Transmission on the bottom left of the panel. Once I replaced the fuse, a TCM light on the panel lit up and a short walk to the drivers seat revealed the transmission control pad was lit! So the final results are...I replaced blown electrical bay fuses F10, F43, F45, F46, and F81. F46 got the Valid system to fire back up, and F43/F45 eliminated the fault code I was getting on it. In the rear distribution box I replaced the far left ANL 200a fuse and the VEC-2 fuse. This coach does not have the VIM (Allison Transmission Box) that we were searching for.

I'd like to thank you all on the forum for the interest and comments with my situation. You have taught me a lot. Also thanks to Beaver Coach Sales for their support. It's comforting to have a community of great folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	190719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	190720  

Trige Gleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #31

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trige Gleim View Post
Well, I heard the most beautiful diesel engine ever running a short time ago. Yes, the mystery has been solved. After replacing about a half dozen cooked fuses I found the culprit in the rear distribution box. It was a 15a fuse called VEC-2 Batt Transmission on the bottom left of the panel. Once I replaced the fuse, a TCM light on the panel lit up and a short walk to the drivers seat revealed the transmission control pad was lit! So the final results are...I replaced blown electrical bay fuses F10, F43, F45, F46, and F81. F46 got the Valid system to fire back up, and F43/F45 eliminated the fault code I was getting on it. In the rear distribution box I replaced the far left ANL 200a fuse and the VEC-2 fuse. This coach does not have the VIM (Allison Transmission Box) that we were searching for.

I'd like to thank you all on the forum for the interest and comments with my situation. You have taught me a lot. Also thanks to Beaver Coach Sales for their support. It's comforting to have a community of great folks!
Congrats on your success, but for the life of me, will never figure out, how you blew so many fuses.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #32

Just curious, why did you remove your batteries to charge them? I leave my batteries in my coach year around. I DO have the luxury of having the coach plugged into shore power, so the batteries are constantly kept in tip top shape. I will periodically check the state of charge, as well as the level of electrolyte, but other than that, I don't do anything else. If I weren't able to keep it plugged in, I would disconnect the batteries, and just leave them until Spring. As to starting the engine periodically, as mentioned, it's not recommended unless you can drive for perhaps an hour to get ALL fluids up to operating temps. I DO run our generator every month for an hour or so under load however. Different schools of thought on that, but Onan recommends it, so who am I to argue with the guys that built the thing?

Glad you got it figured out, and you've learned a most important lesson, with a reasonable amount of common sense and mechanical aptitude, and this forum, you saved yourself a BUNDLE of money over using a mobile tech, or having it towed to a repair shop probably manned by semi literate primates!

Now get out and enjoy your new toy as soon as it warms up!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Congrats on your success, but for the life of me, will never figure out, how you blew so many fuses.
I must have not been careful when re-connecting and touched cables to places they shouldn't have been touched. Operator error.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Just curious, why did you remove your batteries to charge them? I leave my batteries in my coach year around. I DO have the luxury of having the coach plugged into shore power, so the batteries are constantly kept in tip top shape. I will periodically check the state of charge, as well as the level of electrolyte, but other than that, I don't do anything else. If I weren't able to keep it plugged in, I would disconnect the batteries, and just leave them until Spring. As to starting the engine periodically, as mentioned, it's not recommended unless you can drive for perhaps an hour to get ALL fluids up to operating temps. I DO run our generator every month for an hour or so under load however. Different schools of thought on that, but Onan recommends it, so who am I to argue with the guys that built the thing?

Glad you got it figured out, and you've learned a most important lesson, with a reasonable amount of common sense and mechanical aptitude, and this forum, you saved yourself a BUNDLE of money over using a mobile tech, or having it towed to a repair shop probably manned by semi literate primates!

Now get out and enjoy your new toy as soon as it warms up!

Being a novice I thought I needed to run the coach every 2-3 weeks to keep the batteries charged, especially with the frigid temps we've had in Ohio. I made the mistake of trying to start the diesel in temps it had no business being started in and I ran the batteries down trying to start it. My fault. I have learned my lesson. Fortunately this will be the last time its stored in the cold as we will be somewhere warm in the winters from here forward.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #35

Exact same problem

I have the same problem with my 1996 monaco dynasty. I have a do not shift light on the dash and the tranmission pad won't light up, therefore won't start. Anyone know where the fuse would be located. i did change the in line 15 amp fuse right close to the battery post connection. It's not a battery problem because i jumped the start solinoid and it started right up and ran perfect but would not shift.
Bigtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote