Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #57

I tow a Ural sidecar bike in a worthington
box trailer. The mrs refuses to ride on the back of my victory.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Really appreciate the info and we will avoid "Critter Time". We will do our night partying in Custer ... We like the Brewery and have done allot of nite life during previous rallies in Sturgis. We love the riding and the vendors ...Not much choice now so we will make the best of it! Thanks!

Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
You will like Custer's Gulch... its a very nice place... when we visited Custer, and the surrounding area a couple years ago, I rented a car from them. It's about a mile from a Custer State Park entrance, and just down the road from the city of Custer.

I actually was going to reserve a spot there when my group started planning back in 2013.. the only problem with Custer's was location... its about 70 miles from Sturgis, and while we are not party animals, we still wanted to experience the night life "Sturgis" had to offer.. and it was brought to my attention that I wouldn't want to be doing much "night" riding due to the wildlife in the area..

So, if you're heading home at night PLEASE be careful as you may encounter a Bison in the middle of the road..
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
We are heading to California from Virginia. I'll wave at ya when we pass on opposite sides of the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
Here's our toy:

It's a 2006 Ural Tourist! We're heading for Virginia this year, from California, but we're leaving the bike home and taking the smart car this time!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Old 01-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
If you can't put your knee down in the corner, I'm not sure it's a motorcycle...just joking. Kawasaki ZRX 1200 owner...with track time.
I suppose if I fly the chair high enough I can get my left knee down - don't think my monkey would like it though!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by uralman View Post
I tow a Ural sidecar bike in a worthington
box trailer. The mrs refuses to ride on the back of my victory.
Another Uralist! We got ours after my wife had a knee replacement and found it difficult to climb onto my Suzuki C50T. She LOVES the sidecar!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #62

We much prefer trailering these than the car. Thinking about taking a few weeks this year and towing these behind the RV and touring a few national parks by bike.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:37 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Headed to Laconia in June, going to stay at Bentley's Saloon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1610.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	82995  
Old 01-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post
Bentleys is a cool place. Never stayed there but stopped in for a couple cold ones while visiting relatives. Enjoy!
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #65

we also have reservations at custer gulch for sturgis. Have 3 other rv couples going. I have a 15 indian road master that sits on a cruiser lift ; last year it was a goldwing.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #66

Damon Owners Club
We're doing the Gulf coast in mid April from the Atlanta area to Marathon and back up the East coast through Savannah GA home towing the Heritage and will take a little over 4 weeks. Don't do bike events since been there done that and I hate crowds. Went to Sturgis a few years ago but missed the event by over a month.
hdzcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post
I see you have a helmet on........do you actually ride "on" the bike while towing it?

Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
we also have reservations at custer gulch for sturgis. Have 3 other rv couples going. I have a 15 indian road master that sits on a cruiser lift ; last year it was a goldwing.
You should be happy with Custer's Gulch... It's a nice place..

Heck of a drive you have.. just mapquest'd it... from Brooksville, FL to the campground is nearly 2000 miles...

Have fun while there.. and remember to watch out for the wildlife if you're driving around at night !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I see you have a helmet on........do you actually ride "on" the bike while towing it?

I don't know if he does that... but I REALLY like how his bike matches his RV...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
We will look for you!! We have two sites reserved and plan to arrive the week before and stay through the rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post