Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coachmen Mirada Info

Would apreeciate and info on experience with this RV, ie quality, problems, positive experiences, etc etc Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
WDW

Coachmen Mirada Info

I believe it’s One of the better midpriced A’s. We’ve not had a whole lot of problems nothing that is usual. And the problems we have had I would contribute to the component manufactures and not to coachman. We’ve been through the factory and watch them build units and observe their quality control.

However with the state of employment in the Elkhart region I’m sure things are happening over the place with the lack of quality individuals.

We’ve done a few upgrades both to the underside and the inside. On the underside we’ve added a stabilizing bar of the pumpkin to the frame and the Safe T Steer upfront.
after a alignment at a truck shop, were able to travel down the highway at 65 miles an hour and take our hands off the wheel in the unit will drive straight for a half to 3/4 of a mile. We really don’t experience any impact from trucks passing us either.

PM. me if you have specific questions.
WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar 14 View Post
Would apreeciate and info on experience with this RV, ie quality, problems, positive experiences, etc etc Thanks
Not much to offer, except these are entry level coaches, IMO. There's plenty of threads that go into detail among a variety of owners and past owners.
I am curious, though and if you might be asking the question for someone else, since your signature indicates that you own a 14 Dutch Star?
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #4

I have had 2 Mirada’s, a 2000 34MB and a 2013 35DL. Amazing improvement between the 2. I have had some issues, but most have been handled under warranty. Would I buy another? Yeah, I probably would. Would I rather have a DP, yeah but I can’t afford one. I have put 22k miles on this coach in the last 5 years and the only time it let me down was when I had a u-bolt on the rear suspension break right before a long trip. But Ford replaced it under warranty and had me back on the road a few hours later.
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by _nelsonc View Post
I have had 2 Mirada’s, a 2000 34MB and a 2013 35DL. Amazing improvement between the 2. I have had some issues, but most have been handled under warranty. Would I buy another? Yeah, I probably would. Would I rather have a DP, yeah but I can’t afford one. I have put 22k miles on this coach in the last 5 years and the only time it let me down was when I had a u-bolt on the rear suspension break right before a long trip. But Ford replaced it under warranty and had me back on the road a few hours later.
To each his own, but don't quite get it, with the....can't afford it....statement that I hear so much, unless one must have new.
Example.....last year we looked at a 13 Newmar Canyon Star gasser 1/12 baths and the coach we have listed below.
There was no comparison between the two, that both looked like new and the Newmar would have cost us more for being 6yrs newer. Fast forward a year later and we can't even imagine having bought the Newmar, even though a nice quality coach in itself. Now it seems that our Rev is valued at approx. $10K more than the Newmar, so no savings there with having bought the gasser. Some friends bought a new Tiffin. Sometime later looked at ours and said wow, but we couldn't afford this. Thing is they paid a lot more for theirs and it cost them a bundle, just driving it off the lot. Fact is, NADA low retail on ours is still over $10K than what we paid for it a year and 10K miles ago. Not to mention the extra tax and insurance with the alternative.
Had a nice old gasser before, bought it 9yrs old, as well and drove it to better than 90K miles in every one of the lower 48 states. Great coach, but a totally different animal.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:54 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
We own one

As you can see from my signature we own one a new one, and it's been a complete turd.

I recognize my first complaint is ford related but i'll mention. I've had 7 check engine lights in the first 6000 miles.

No on to the coach: Multiple just flat out misses:

Apparently there are some bars that are vertical inside the walls next to the slide that work with the slide mechanism. They "forgot" to screw them in so they were loudly rattling around inside the walls they had to cut the walls open and not i have an ugly patch in order to fix it.

I've called it in 6 or 7 times because the breaker on the generator keeps breaking only when driving (no its not overloaded) so I loose my over head AC every time i drive, which is awesome in GA its always so cool here.

I've noticed around all the seams and creases in the wood they put tape the same color as the wood... I have no fantasy about this holding up long term.

There was some sort of wire loom thing under the front slide which dropped while driving and took a big dent out of the floor.

I've noticed multiple areas where there is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of just open space.. Example, under the passenger seat where the kick plate is next to side the side wall there is a ton of light coming through.

They literally put no windshield washer fluid in it. This isnt a ford thing but a coachmen thing. Would of been nice to know before i needed it on the road. Not an expensive fix, but just shows the sheer laziness they put into the product.

If you do get one save the money on the full body paint. The clear coat is trash. Any little touch scratches it, there are also a bunch of areas that have over spray and or weren't sprayed right.

The put an "energy commander" in which is supposed to start your genny if the batteries are low, or there is a call for HVAC but they never wired it for the HVAC input. Multiple calls and emails to Coachmen just had them lying to me, and telling me they would get me more info on it and never following through. Horrendous customer service once I engaged that.

The rear view camera is supposed to have a mic so you can hear, which they never bothered to hook up.

The trailer connector should have a charging cable on the 6th pin for a tow charger..... Which they never wired up..

The radio antenna was completely loose, the rattle the antenna on the roof was making hitting the fiberglass was so loud, I have no idea how the guy driving it down dealt with that...

The valve extensions they put on the rear wheels 3 of the 4 were leaking inside of 1000 miles.. Again I confirmed this is not ford its coachmen. This almost left me stranded..

Multiple fit and finish issues.... Plugs for screws missing, screws/nails coming out.. The tape i discussed earlier coming off.

I'll throw one nit picky thing in, the captains chairs are aweful, other coaches in this same range have flex steel or something better than these ones, They are terrible.

I'm debating talking to my dealer who has been fantastic in fixing all this stuff about going the lemon law route tomorrow.

If you decide to get one, make damn sure you are really really comfortable with your dealer...
Old 10-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #7

We have a 2015 Mirada and this is our 2nd Class A. We have had Zero problems in the 2 years since we purchased it. Yes it had a few issues but they all do. Basically you need to purchase from a good dealer that is qualified to repair the Items found during the walk through. For the price point I think its a great value.
Bassfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfishman View Post
We have a 2015 Mirada and this is our 2nd Class A. We have had Zero problems in the 2 years since we purchased it. Yes it had a few issues but they all do. Basically you need to purchase from a good dealer that is qualified to repair the Items found during the walk through. For the price point I think its a great value.
We had a 2015 Mirada also before buying our current American Coach.
We loved our Mirada! I agree on finding a good dealer. We used Three Way Campers in Marietta, Ga. They've been in business for 57 years for a reason. GREAT GREAT service!
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
To each his own, but don't quite get it, with the....can't afford it....statement that I hear so much, unless one must have new.

Example.....last year we looked at a 13 Newmar Canyon Star gasser 1/12 baths and the coach we have listed below.

There was no comparison between the two, that both looked like new and the Newmar would have cost us more for being 6yrs newer. Fast forward a year later and we can't even imagine having bought the Newmar, even though a nice quality coach in itself. Now it seems that our Rev is valued at approx. $10K more than the Newmar, so no savings there with having bought the gasser. Some friends bought a new Tiffin. Sometime later looked at ours and said wow, but we couldn't afford this. Thing is they paid a lot more for theirs and it cost them a bundle, just driving it off the lot. Fact is, NADA low retail on ours is still over $10K than what we paid for it a year and 10K miles ago. Not to mention the extra tax and insurance with the alternative.

Had a nice old gasser before, bought it 9yrs old, as well and drove it to better than 90K miles in every one of the lower 48 states. Great coach, but a totally different animal.

I bought new gasser because I didn’t want to buy someone else’s problems. It is one thing to buy a used car for $10k and quite another to spend $90k on a used motor home. I get that most of the kinks may be worked out, but there also may be some serious issues that lead to it being traded in.
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #10

We have a 2016 35KB and with the exception of the mount for the front passenger side leveling jack only being tacked on instead of fully welded (we found it on our 1st outing and it was repaired by our dealer), we have not had any problems. Now, with that said we have had all of the normal Ford F53 handling issues but I knew what to expect when we purchased it.

In the past year:
Front alignment
Weighed and adjusted tire pressure accordingly
Installed rear track bar
Replaced front sway bar with HD one
Added rear supplemental sway bar
Added Sumo Springs
Added steering stabilizer

Now, when a semi passes, we only get a nudge instead of big push.

AL
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
We had a 2015 Mirada also before buying our current American Coach.
We loved our Mirada! I agree on finding a good dealer. We used Three Way Campers in Marietta, Ga. They've been in business for 57 years for a reason. GREAT GREAT service!
haha Thats funny. See my rant above about my mirada and my good dealer. It's the same dealer. We love three way, but i'm no fan of coachmen as a matter of fact the boys in service are frustrated with my camper and the amount of problems too, they have really taken care of me.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
haha Thats funny. See my rant above about my mirada and my good dealer. It's the same dealer. We love three way, but i'm no fan of coachmen as a matter of fact the boys in service are frustrated with my camper and the amount of problems too, they have really taken care of me.
If I were you I'd call Coachmen. Tell them you want to bring it back to the factory for servicing of everything you know is wrong and everything they can find.

I had to do that with my 2015 Encounter (which is no longer produced). The Encounter was, in 2015, a level above the Mirada. However, even so, mine spent almost 7 months back at the factory getting fixed. Between what I found and they found it was a long fix. My dealer, which I went back to less than 5 times, gave up and didn't want to see us anymore. You have a good dealer but they are burning out with this unit. It's time to go back to the factory.

We bought the Encounter because at the time it's fit and finish was way above the Mirada. Aside from the issues, in the 2 years and 18,000 miles we have have owned it, it's been relatively trouble free. Something does break, a mod is needed or something needs upgraded but that seems to be the RV life.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
If I were you I'd call Coachmen. Tell them you want to bring it back to the factory for servicing of everything you know is wrong and everything they can find.

I had to do that with my 2015 Encounter (which is no longer produced). The Encounter was, in 2015, a level above the Mirada. However, even so, mine spent almost 7 months back at the factory getting fixed. Between what I found and they found it was a long fix. My dealer, which I went back to less than 5 times, gave up and didn't want to see us anymore. You have a good dealer but they are burning out with this unit. It's time to go back to the factory.

We bought the Encounter because at the time it's fit and finish was way above the Mirada. Aside from the issues, in the 2 years and 18,000 miles we have have owned it, it's been relatively trouble free. Something does break, a mod is needed or something needs upgraded but that seems to be the RV life.
I've called Coachmen. I wouldn't trust those clowns with changing a light bulb after the conversations i've had with them. I trust my dealer a lot more.

Also hearing it took 7 months.... It took them 2 months to build mine from scratch back in Feb. If it takes 7 months of repair I dont want the thing anymore, in that 7 months i'd spend a significant amount of amount on paying down the note but not being able to use it and thats not ok. We are debating doing a lemon law claim. I get it was fixed for you, but for me 7 months is an unacceptable amount of time.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
I've called Coachmen. I wouldn't trust those clowns with changing a light bulb after the conversations i've had with them. I trust my dealer a lot more.

Also hearing it took 7 months.... It took them 2 months to build mine from scratch back in Feb. If it takes 7 months of repair I dont want the thing anymore, in that 7 months i'd spend a significant amount of amount on paying down the note but not being able to use it and thats not ok. We are debating doing a lemon law claim. I get it was fixed for you, but for me 7 months is an unacceptable amount of time.
Who did you talk to at Coachmen? I was lucky, Bob Jewell was there when I needed service. He retired last year. Most of the time mine was in the shop was over the winter. The repairs involved 2 recalls, replacing the refrigerator and a mess of little details they found.

Tim Buss and Nate Hedges are the ones you should talk to.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, coachmen, mirada