Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

According to NADA RV Guide, the Revolution has an MSRP about $35k higher than the Encore and it shows in just the few details you gave, i.e. larger engine & side radiator. I believe you will find that the Revolution is head and shoulders above the Encore in almost any category you might look at in more depth, either amenities or under the skin.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #16

Out of the two, Fleetwood hamds down, but when we were shopping, we looked high and low till found what we felt would serve us the best and what caries the best value over time!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
American Coach or Coachman? Come on now!!
The Revolution was not an AC model back in 07. However, the Rev vs a Coachman would be a no brainer for me...Rev for sure. Don't forget to look at the long run vs the short run. Sure the 600 miles would be a pain as would selling your old coach. But, in the long run, you'd be a happier camper.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #18

Thanks for the replies guys, and gals.
Yes, I agree, the travel time to go see these units is a pain, but as this will be our second coach we plan on keeping it for a long while so it will be time well invested. We bought our first to see how we liked the class A's after coming from 5th wheel ownership. We now know we like them and what we want, for now at least, in our next unit. We are not in a big hurry and will take our time to get the right unit also.
I agree the Revolution is a sexy beast, we are looking at the LE 40E 1 1/2 bath model. It address all the updates we would like from our present coach as well adds a few extras on as well. I would still prefer a cummins over the cat engine, but the cat in our present coach has treated us well, so I guess we can live with that.
May the search continue....
David.
BlueOvalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another thought - if you can find and inspector to see it first and provide a report - might be worth the expense. Inspection is worth it to me either way. Money well spent.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
The Revolution was not an AC model back in 07. However, the Rev vs a Coachman would be a no brainer for me...Rev for sure. Don't forget to look at the long run vs the short run. Sure the 600 miles would be a pain as would selling your old coach. But, in the long run, you'd be a happier camper.
But the Revolution was built in the American Coach factory which only built Revolutions and American Coaches.

DaveS
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

P.S. The Revolution gets my vote
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There is no comparison.....the Coachman, except the "Elite" model is a very very very entry level model. The Revolution was at the top of the food chain for Fleetwood and then was pulled into the American Coach line as their entry level, which is far from most entry level coaches.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
There is no comparison.....the Coachman, except the "Elite" model is a very very very entry level model. The Revolution was at the top of the food chain for Fleetwood and then was pulled into the American Coach line as their entry level, which is far from most entry level coaches.
The Encore we were/are looking at may be an entry level coach, but it is still head over heals much more than our present Forest River Reflection, mind you, four years of refinement are involved there.
What you state of the Revolutions "food chain" legacy is as we understand it as well, from the top of Fleetwood to the bottom of American Coach, which still isn't a bad thing.
We are definitely looking to move up "the food chain".
David.
BlueOvalMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, fleetwood