Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Competent Alberta RV repairs?

Anyone had positive experiences in Alberta, Canada with repairs to their RV?
In particular, I have a full wall slide that needs work done - at best, adjustment; and at worst, removal and floor replacement.
Also need some fiberglas repairs on rear cap bottom corner.
We visit Alberta twice a year, and I'd prefer doing the work there if there's a competent repair facility.
PeteandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #2

Where are you folks located at? The RV company I use provide excellent service and rates. More importantly, they stand by their work.
BlueSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #3

When we were in Calgary some years ago, we wanted to get an inverter problem figured out so we asked the locals there where we should go and three separate parties recommended Designer Coachworks. Nice folks. They have an excellent reputation in Calgary and my notes say that they've been in business for around 30 years so they've been around for awhile.

They do body work too so could easily take care of a slide problem and patch your rear cap.

Designer Coachworks ---> go HERE for website
2514 – 26 St NE,
Calgary, AB T1Y 1A5

403-250-2409
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #4

We've had Designer Coachworks in Calgary recommended to us by 3 separate other businesses we've contacted regarding our coach, including for Power Gear jack troubleshooting.

Check out online reviews also!
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSol View Post
Where are you folks located at? The RV company I use provide excellent service and rates. More importantly, they stand by their work.
We're currently at our S&B in Arkansas, but travel to the Edmonton area twice a year. However, for the purposes of these repairs, where in Alberta isn't as important to me as quality of the shop. I just prefer Alberta due to the sales tax

Thanks to all for the Designer Coachworks recommendation. I'll check them out.
PeteandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:53 AM   #6

We've never used this place but have several entries in the log I keep that Edmonton RV Service is recommended by many locals in the area.

They also do body work so could tackle both your problems in all likelihood.

Edmonton RV Service ----> go HERE for website
8837 63 Ave NW
Edmonton

780-465-6608
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, repairs