RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
water hose replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
If you had a 15 year old house would you expect to be replacing appliances and doing maintenance? Houses don't even get bounced around going down the road. ;-) Yes, it's normal.

Post a pic of the fresh water tank hose. Somebody will probably see it and have an answer.
below are pictures of the hose that we want to replace on the freshwater tank. how in the world would we get to this:(
Attached Images

burton822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #30

Normal for the age. We have a 1996 and I am amazed when we make it through a couple of trips without a repair. Our motto is if it is not breaking we are not RV'ing!
Old 03-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #31

Foretravel Owners Club
The 3 screws at the outside fill, then there is caulking as well, then pull out and you should see that end of the hose.
on the tank end you could just unhook it and duct tape or find a short piece of tubing and a hose clamp on each of the old and new hose (temp splice) then pull from the outside end while someone is feeding the new hose thru...
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #32

Check with places like Home Depot or pool supplies for hose after you get it out. It looks like a hose clamp on the bottom end. You do want to drain the tank first. ;-)

Once you have the top fitting loose get the bottom loose then pull the whole thing out. Match the hose length and put the top together then push the assembly down the hole to connect the bottom. Easier than trying to hose clamp the top when it's installed.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #33

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
The 3 screws at the outside fill, then there is caulking as well, then pull out and you should see that end of the hose.
on the tank end you could just unhook it and duct tape or find a short piece of tubing and a hose clamp on each of the old and new hose (temp splice) then pull from the outside end while someone is feeding the new hose thru...
EDIT...
When you get both ends unhooked, you can push a tape measure inside the hose the full length and get the length of hose you will need....After you get the replacement hose then you can use the old hose to pull and guide the new hose into place..
Old 03-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
the problem is we cant get to the hose connected to the tank. we have the replacement hose, but so many obstacles in such a very tight area
burton822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #35

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Never buy an older MH unless you're a DIYer or have a very fat checkbook.
Ummmmmmm! I always thought that it took a very fat checkbook for buying a new one and then evidently having to buy another new one, when the previous one got older.
Guess, I've been doing it all wrong, my whole life and even though, I am a DIYer. I mean repairs can cost money, yes, but think of the depreciation costs alone, for buying new.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #36

Foretravel Owners Club
I have found that an RV is not a monetary income investment, It is a "disposable entertainment" item.
It has no advantage as a tax deductible item. So buy what you want & use it, When you sell or trade just consider it's residual value as a "salvage value " and move on.

We normally keep a vehicle for 20 years or more... Our coach is 16, our cars are 12, and my f-250 is 30.
I think that the ford & the coach will outlive me, possibly the (2) xB's as well.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #37

We have had our 1996 for two years. As for repairs, little bit on the house and the drive train. The build quality is high so it is tight and quite with nothing falling apart.

Dealing with normal wear and tear like spark flame sensor on fridge, temp and stat sensors on hot water heater, start and run caps on A/C. I do expect other wear items to fail and will deal with them as they do. I have a truck repair shop stay on top of the mechanical stuff. Idle belt pulley fell off and broke a bolt, parking brake needed to be replaced.

Yes these older motorhomes break but so do the newer ones. The repair bills are less than the payments on a newer unit. As just for info, my brother had more repairs done to his new truck and travel trailers (he went thru three in 12 months) than I have had on my motor home for those two years.

As I tell my wife, if it is not breaking we are not camping!
Old 03-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton822 View Post
below are pictures of the hose that we want to replace on the freshwater tank. how in the world would we get to this:(
Perhaps from inside by removing a cabinet or hidden access panel?

However.... you might be able to on clamp the hose on the tanks and then remove the mounting screws on the filling and pull the filler and the hose out that hole???