Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2016, 10:14 AM   #1

Convection / Microwave Oven

I just bought a new RV that has a convection / Microwave oven in it. My question is when using the convection oven, do I need to remove the microwave turn table from the oven?
jdanigole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #2

micro.

you do not have to take out the glass tray,it is heat temperd glass it has to withstand the heat also generated from the micro. pk42
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #3

Our 05 Monaco has a micro/convection and it states, do not use without turntable. Unfortunately the turntable was missing when we got it and had to order it from Sharp $85.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our Sharp convection microwave has a metal rotating tray and a metal rack with legs, both of which can be used with convection and microwave. Says so in the manual. Metal pans can also be used but must not touch the walls.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
Our Sharp convection microwave has a metal rotating tray and a metal rack with legs, both of which can be used with convection and microwave. Says so in the manual. Metal pans can also be used but must not touch the walls.
X2
Old 11-17-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
epj

Our Sharpe unit has some sort of plastic turntable. When using the microwave I've been removing the metal racks. Sounds like maybe I don't need to?
Old 11-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #7

If using a oblong pan you can't use the round turntable. Your convection oven should have come with removable metal shelves so your pan is elevated and can cook from all sides and the bottom. Then you put your pan in the oven just like on a shelf in your home oven. A convection oven cooks differently than a microwave. The microwave needs turning or hand-rotation, not a convection.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
My wife made brownies in ours tonight. Nothing else to share except that they are delicious.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #9
epj

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
If using a oblong pan you can't use the round turntable. Your convection oven should have come with removable metal shelves so your pan is elevated and can cook from all sides and the bottom. Then you put your pan in the oven just like on a shelf in your home oven. A convection oven cooks differently than a microwave. The microwave needs turning or hand-rotation, not a convection.
An oblong pan on convection is just fine. You need to turn the turntable to "off".
Old 11-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
Our Sharpe unit has some sort of plastic turntable. When using the microwave I've been removing the metal racks. Sounds like maybe I don't need to?
I would check the manual.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #11

Quote:
I think ours says turntable is ceramic.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanigole View Post
I just bought a new RV that has a convection / Microwave oven in it. My question is when using the convection oven, do I need to remove the microwave turn table from the oven?
My RV has a convection/microwave oven, the manual that came with it was a pamphlet with pictures of the buttons.
I found this manual, it is PDF file and free. Has a lot of detail on using a
convection oven, combined operation and proper containers to use.
http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/cmw-200.pdf
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
My RV has a convection/microwave oven, the manual that came with it was a pamphlet with pictures of the buttons.
I found this manual, it is PDF file and free. Has a lot of detail on using a
convection oven, combined operation and proper containers to use.
http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/cmw-200.pdf
Our convection oven also came with a near useless manual. Even though it is a Whirlpool, that Cuisinart manual is very informative. Thanks.
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
An oblong pan on convection is just fine. You need to turn the turntable to "off".
Yes, you can set a pan or casserole on the turntable with it off. However, you would get a much better doneness if the pan was on an oven rack. Convection cooks by circulation around the whole pan/casserole. Ours stated it needed to be elevated.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote