Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #29

Crusty bunch in here. CC may not have an obligation to provide information, but if they would like to sell new coaches again, they might reconsider. Bad attitudes can ruin a relationship in no time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
Crusty bunch in here. CC may not have an obligation to provide information, but if they would like to sell new coaches again, they might reconsider. Bad attitudes can ruin a relationship in no time.
agreed that CC needs to make people interested in the product line for future sales. That said, the TITLE of this thread is blown way out of proportion to what's involved with information gathering.

The OP has nothing to lose, while the new CC has a lot. Both of them ought to look at future contacts with each other and figure out whether to make a fight or make amends. Even for a cheapskate like me, $25 is chickenfeed for placing a title on a thread..................
Old 08-07-2014, 03:24 AM   #31

Amen...
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:58 AM   #32

While I understand the OPs complaint regarding attempting to find out information as recommended by the manufacturer, which in it's original form is no longer in business, there are numerous ways to resolve this problem with absolutely no hassle at all.

Have you looked on the front axle for the dataplate? If you can find it then you have all the info you need to know which tires to run on the front. If you can't find it, you already have the NHTSA review and findings which clearly state the tires may have been undersized. Go to any weigh station with the coach loaded as you normally would travel and have it weighed to make sure you're not overloaded. You should even have it corner-weighed to see exactly which each front tire is carrying. Purchase tires (and/or wheels if needed) that will carry the weight. There is nothing wrong with purchasing tires that will handle MORE than what the axle is rated at, just remember not to overload the axle. Problem solved.

Read this: Steer Axle Weights Have Increased: Are Your Steer Tires up to the Challenge? - Articles - Equipment - Articles - TruckingInfo.com
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #33

I recently purchased a cc and had an issue with the fan controller. I called cc to inquire about ordering a new controller but I had a technical question about the difference between the three and five wire versions. They pulled the same stunt with me and wanted $25 per 15 min. So I called another danfoss distributer and they quickly answered my question. Guess who I ordered the controller from. Not only did they lose the $25 fee but they lost probably $200 that they would have made on the controller also. A bad business move in my opinion. In addition to that, next time I need parts cc probably won't even be on my list of resources unless absolutely nessasary. Classic penny wise, pound foolish decision.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #34

Lot's of comments but none touch on the obvious; Weigh the front axle, from that it's pretty easy to come up with a tire/wheel combination that's DOT legal.
Mr. Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #35

(moderator edit) I've gotten lots of free technical support from CC. This includes some information relating to our replacement coach decision a couple of days ago, but then we've spent a good chunk of change at the factory the last couple of years. It just amazes me that folks keep expecting to get something for nothing!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After reading all this, I am trying to look at this from the perspective of the business owner. I was at CC recently and their tech support folks were just covered up with calls. I am sure they would like to give the tech advice free but think about it: they are not the original company; there are many hundreds (maybe more) CC's on the road with 2nd, 3rd or more owners who are calling for tech info, some frankly with little technical/mechanical skill who would keep a tech support person on the phone for long periods trying to get help. Also, many of those folks may never come to Oregon to actually get a repair done or even buy a part from the new company. How is this new company supposed to recover the labor cost of this? I can see someone calling with an issue and expecting to keep someone on the phone and get coached thru a repair.

I worked part time briefly at a boat dealer. It was unbelievable the number of people who would call the shop and want to keep a tech on the phone and get help while they fixed their outboard motor.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hipster View Post
Lot's of comments but none touch on the obvious; Weigh the front axle, from that it's pretty easy to come up with a tire/wheel combination that's DOT legal.
Um, I mentioned that in my post 2 above yours.. including corner weighing it :-)
Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
laj

smiranger, great post and insight. this is a basic cancer sweeping our country and will be the demise. you got it, i want it, and i want it for free. Anyone could have gone to the auction. put their money on the line.
Ron's the one who did it and like everyone else wants a return to support him and his employees.

They have bent over backwards to help me over the yrs. and i have spent and will continue to have repairs and buy parts from them. if you can't afford it, don't ask. As was said above there are lots of people wanting their support and help.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Before I make any large purchase, I always call tech support.
Their responses or lack thereof, dictate wether or not I will buy their product !
It makes no difference of the extenuating circumstances.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Before I make any large purchase, I always call tech support.
Their responses or lack thereof, dictate wether or not I will buy their product !
It makes no difference of the extenuating circumstances.
The issue with Country Coach is that none of the Country Coaches out there are their product--the new Country Coach is a different business--even though they retained the name.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #41
JDA

I have recently purchased 2006 Country Coach and have had some dealings with the factory. The help that I have received from the Factory has been satisfactory on each occasion. I fully understand why they need to charge for their Technical Support/Information and would not have one bit of Heartburn paying them for their time to do the Research. I am also a Newby and expect to Pay when I Play!
JDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My point exactly. If I want factory support at some level, then I will decide if I want to purchase that product .
I own a Winnebago product on a Freightliner chassis just because of the manufacturers support .
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service