Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #1

Country Coach vs Newmar & Entegra

Hi Folks! Back again ...

Still expecting to purchase end of year - early next ...

Planning on buying new, either Newmar Dutch Star or Entegra Aspire ... but have recently seen a couple of outstanding used Country Coaches, 2008, 2009 or 2010 Inspires. A little concerned that CC was out of production, although latest news is they supposedly have new funding and will be back in production for 2014.

I am not familiar with them. They seem to have the same price categories + or - $350K, $500K, $800K. How does their quality match up with Newmar and Entegra? Anyone have or had one? Known positives and negatives? The CCs are all on Dynamax or Spartan chassis, 425hp Cat, side radiator, tow 15K, 43' tag, HydroHot, all the goodies ... plus IFS which neither Dutch Star or Aspire have.

I checked the CC owners forum - very few posters, little info, hoping general membership might know more????

Thx.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
laj

Far as I'm concerned you can't do any better then CC. Great cabinetry, great handling chassis.
Lots of places to get them worked on when needed, and no problem getting parts. Rumor is That the CC factory will be producing new ones sometime in 2013. You didn't say if you were looking to buy used or thinking when the new ones came out.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #3

CC built some awesome coaches.

Dutch Star does have IFS.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Far as I'm concerned you can't do any better then CC. Great cabinetry, great handling chassis.
Lots of places to get them worked on when needed, and no problem getting parts. Rumor is That the CC factory will be producing new ones sometime in 2013. You didn't say if you were looking to buy used or thinking when the new ones came out.
Used on the CC. Yes, even from pictures online you get the feel of excellent quality. Just wasn't sure of real-life track record.

Their website news says gearing up for 2014 production.

Thx

Kathryn

Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
CC built some awesome coaches.

Dutch Star does have IFS.
John! How's that new DS?!!! You 99.5% converted me from Entegra to DutchStar if buying new, but saw a couple of awesome gently used CCs.

Does your DS have IFS? The Newmar DS Standards list and the website do not show IFS until you are up to the Essex on the Spartan.

Kathryn

Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a 2000 DSDP on FL chassis, it did not have IFS, had to order the optional Spartan chassis to get IFS back then.
Our 2002 DSDP on Spartan has IFS.
Can't tell from looking at the factory literature I have if the FL chassis was IFS or not, but the Spartans have always been.

One thing Newmar doesn't do is publish it's features as much as other makes do. They need to hire a good advertising agency and revamp their advertising from the ground up. Most people don't know they even invented the flat floor slide. Then there's the "big news" Entegra splashed around about the air dollies they just started using in the factory that Newmar was using at least 12 years ago.

At the Phoenix Good Sam rally earlier this year I went through the Entegra's there. The salesman showed me a wall panel sample and proudly told me that Entegra was the only manufacturer using hung wall construction. He was less than pleased when I called his bluff since our 2000 and 2002 DSDP's and all since have used hung walls!

Easy way to tell is to look at the front axle when looking at a rig.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We had a 2000 DSDP on FL chassis, it did not have IFS, had to order the optional Spartan chassis to get IFS back then.
Our 2002 DSDP on Spartan has IFS.
Can't tell from looking at the factory literature I have if the FL chassis was IFS or not, but the Spartans have always been.

One thing Newmar doesn't do is publish it's features as much as other makes do. They need to hire a good advertising agency and revamp their advertising from the ground up. Most people don't know they even invented the flat floor slide. Then there's the "big news" Entegra splashed around about the air dollies they just started using in the factory that Newmar was using at least 12 years ago.

At the Phoenix Good Sam rally earlier this year I went through the Entegra's there. The salesman showed me a wall panel sample and proudly told me that Entegra was the only manufacturer using hung wall construction. He was less than pleased when I called his bluff since our 2000 and 2002 DSDP's and all since have used hung walls!

Easy way to tell is to look at the front axle when looking at a rig.
That's true about them needing to make the features more prominent on the website. You really have to spend some time to search out some of them. As far as I can tell, IFS is only on those models that use the Spartan chassis. On the site when they "compare models" they specifically list the IFS on the Spartan for the Essex and King Aire, so since it is NOT listed for the Mountain Aire or Dutchstar and lower, I am assuming it is not on them ... I don't know.

John did you confirm if you have the IFS on your new rig, and if so, is that a Spartan chassis???

Thx all.

Kathryn

Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
"The CCs are all on Dynamax or Spartan chassis"

The Country Coach chassis is a DynoMax chassis. There is a huge difference between the Dyna and the Dyno chassis.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #9

Yep ours is IFS. 17,000 lbs rating, lower control arms almost touch in the center. Freightliner frame.

I'll post a picture of the front suspension tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Yep ours is IFS. 17,000 lbs rating, lower control arms almost touch in the center. Freightliner frame.

I'll post a picture of the front suspension tomorrow.
Wow! That's great! Guess it is one of those things missing or hard to find on the website ...

One more BIG plus for Newmar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
"The CCs are all on Dynamax or Spartan chassis"

The Country Coach chassis is a DynoMax chassis. There is a huge difference between the Dyna and the Dyno chassis.

Oooops! My bad! See ... that's why I am asking for info!

So ... what is the huge difference? You can't tease us with that statement without telling us more ...!

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Kathryn

Old 09-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #11

Ahah!

Love those Google searches!

"... DynOmax is the chassis upon which Country Coach builds their coaches ..."

DynAmax is not a chassis at all, it is a brand name for a different line of motorcoaches! "...Dynamax manufactures Class C Motorhomes, Class C Motorcoaches, toyhauler motorhomes, and fifth wheels." "...Dynamax builds their motor coaches on a Ford or Freightliner truck chassis..."

Live and learn!

Kathryn

Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #12

We have friends in Galion Ohio with a C.C. and it is a Very fine, Very well planned out unit.
From what I have seen over the last few years. there are some VERY Nice pre owned C.C. on the market that are Like new or Better than New.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #13

For the "I need proof" crowd and just general knowledge.

The front suspension of the 43' Freightliner frame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0568.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	26944

Name:	DSCF0569.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	26945

Name:	DSCF0570.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	26946
Old 09-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #14

Quote:
For the "I need proof" crowd and just general knowledge.

The front suspension of the 43' Freightliner frame.
John..

I saw a couple of spots you forgot to polish near the front suspension

My 2007 CC has IFS but I am not sure if they always had this feature. I sure do like the turning radius
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar