Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
CR Spotless water system

Has anyone used a de-ionizing system to rinse the coach and minimize water spots.
They have 100 gallon and 300 gallon systems to choose from.
Anyone with exp with any de-ionizing systems feed back would be greatly appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'd want to be sure the filters are going to last long enough and not be too expensive. When I was teaching there was a DI water system in the lab and I know the filters were quite expensive.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Has anyone used a de-ionizing system to rinse the coach and minimize water spots.
Anyone with exp with any de-ionizing systems feed back would be greatly appreciated!
There are alot of people here using those systems. Several full time folks have them as well.

I've thought about investing in one, but isn't not high enough on the 'to do' list yet.

After the initial cost, the replacement medium is a continuous expense.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I agree there is no doubt a continuous expense for a system.
I look at it also as buying time.
I would save the time it takes drying the coach with micro fiber towels and re washing the windows.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

Smile CR Spotless

I have used the CR Spotless System for several years. I live in Louisiana and can wash my coach in the summer sun without drying it without any water spots. I use the 300 gallon system and can get about 5 washes out of a set of filters. It is suggested that the pre wash be done without filtered water however i use filtered water for both wash and rinse to ensure no spots. I can now wash my coach in a little over 1 hour instead of 4 hours. Time is Money.
Troy
Yclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I've used it for 2 years and still on the original charge, i wash my 40 ft coach at least once a month. Also use it for my 2 vehicles. Only use it for final rinse and no spots. I live in sourh Mississippi and without the CR spotless it would take 3 times longer to wash and dry my coach.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
That's the exp I was looking for.
Thank you!
Old 02-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #8

Several threads over on the Entegra forum. I made mine for less than $40.00. I like it so much I'm thinking of having one installed on the coach.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You may wish to check out this you-tube video regarding Spotless water systems.

Video Diary – Our Great Escape
Old 02-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
TMan59,
Well yes, I've used it for years. One of the first things here that no one has told you about is, you have to know your water, and it's chemical makeup, before anyone can tell you how long the RESIN will last. The system works, no matter what kind of water you have. What determines it's length of service before the resin needs to be changed is, how hard your water is.

There are some that will tell you theirs has lasted for multiple washes of their RVs and is still putting out spotless water. But, what they're not telling you is, they live where their hometown water is very close to soft water, right from the spigot. In areas where water is HARD, the resin has to work multiple times harder to effeciently make deionized, SPOTLESS water.

For instance, here in Lake Havasu City AZ, our water is phenomenally hard, you have to practically break it up with a hammer as it flows from the spigot. But, on the other side, people in certain places in Oregon, have water that pretty darn soft, without any treatment.

What this all means is, two people, washing the same size coach, using the same exact CR Spotless system, one using excessively hard water and one using soft (NOT MACHINE SOFTENED WATER EITHER) water, the one using the softer water will automatically get many more washes of their RV, than the one using the much harder water due to the fact that the resin does not have to work nearly as hard to convert the softer water to spotless water than the one using much harder water.

The company, CR Spotless, knows all this. So much so that, they've created an exchange program for its resin and/or resin cartridges that entices folks who especially have hard water in their home town, to purchase new resin cartridges and, they (CR Spotless) will pick up the return shipping of your old resin cartridges in exchange, for a great price.

What one has to consider in a situation like this is, you take a brand new set of cartridges, and divide the amount of completely spotless, drip dry washings that you'll get, and that will tell you how much each washing is going to cost you vs, say, having your rig completely washed and dried by a professional detail company, each time it needs it. I can garanty that using the CR Spotless system will be cheaper, EACH AND EVERY TIME.

One of CR Spotless's programs has you return the used cartridges and one has you just purchasing resin to replace what's in your cartridges. You can look all this up in their website.

At present, here in Lake Havasu, with our rock-hard water, and using the CR-120 (larger system), I achieve oh, around 6-8 washings before I start seeing water spots when drying. But, before that number 6, 7 or 8th washing, I can wash that 36' coach in dead 100 degree heat and, walk away from it and there's not one single spot, on the glass, the paint, my highly polished wheels, nothing. But, when the resin is used up and no longer performing as it is designed, man, I gotta IMMEDIATELY dry that coach or I'm gonna fight getting those spots off.

The smartest thing to do for anyone who's considering a CR Spotless water system, is to call them directly. They're nice folks, based in El Cajon CA. I've dealt with them many times and, it's always been a pleasure. Hope this info helps some.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Scott.
I live in western Washington and have an RO system on our Alpine.
Our water on the meter runs about 75. Down in Vegas it runs about 400.
So what I'm getting to is we have very soft water compared to many other places.
Your information is very helpful.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Another option is the deionized system from Griot's Garage. I've had mine for almost two years and it's still working great. I liked this one because it had a built in bypass system. All it takes is the turn of two valves and you can bypass the DI resin. Our water is fairly hard here and I had a terrible time with water spots. All it takes is a rinse with one of the DI systems and no more spots, even in the hot sun. Even the windows are spotless.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...sAscend&page=2
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:56 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsr View Post
I've used it for 2 years and still on the original charge, i wash my 40 ft coach at least once a month. Also use it for my 2 vehicles. Only use it for final rinse and no spots. I live in sourh Mississippi and without the CR spotless it would take 3 times longer to wash and dry my coach.
Let me add that my water is very hard with high metal content and would cause lots of spots, especially when the temperature is hot. (I have a swimming pool and have my water tested on a regular basis) Still have 2 years use and reading is .006, the max is .020. Just make sure you use the proper hose nozzle as instructed and just final rinse.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #14

I bought the Simple Chuck system about 8 months ago. Wash the motorhome, the windows on the S&B, etc. Works terrific. Absolutely no spots. Still on the original charge and the media has not started to change color yet (the water here is only moderately hard). Highly recommended. Like most the cost kept me from pulling the trigger on one of these for a long time. Wish I had gotten it sooner.

https://crspotless.com/product/double-chuck-dark-blue/

Tags
water