RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2021, 09:31 PM   #1

Crash...sorta

Twice now my MH has been hit by other vehicles while parked in an RV park.

Several years ago a guy forgot to pull his parking brake knob and his rig rolled into mine a low speed and impaled his front cap on my tow bar. The tow bar was fine but his front cap wasn't.

Tonight a drunk in a golf car crashed through the wood fence by the street and smacked into the side of my MH. Fortunately he wedged a tire and the front rubber bumper under a bay door frame so the only damage to my MH is a couple of minor scuffs and a busted sewer hose.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else or am I especially blessed?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2021, 10:01 PM   #2

Accident

My friends parked their toad in front of their RV. It got hit by a big class a trying to get in the park after dark and in the rain. Another time a class A rv was parking at his site and smacked the rear end of his RV. This happened at the same RV park.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:21 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
I was registering at a campgound with room for 3 units to park side by side while the owners signed in. A beautiful new motorhome pulled in next to a parked one and took the (expensive) mirrors off both units.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #4

We've had our MH for only 18 months but used to have a TT and before that a popup trailer for years. I've yet to see or experience (*knock on wood*) a crash in a campground or RV park.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping since I bought my brand new 1968 Shasta 13 ft compact trailer. Never seen a campground wreck. Did see a wreck last year as a motorhome was pulling into the campground a pickup hit him. The pickup driver was texting. Killed the drivers son. He has to live with that. So sad.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #6

A friend's 5th wheel was hit by a truck driving through (friend was parked in a CG space). We had a maintenance guy in a golf cart run into the side of our motorhome while in a spot. Naturally, the CG's insurance paid for that one.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:07 AM   #7

Watching people park their RV's is nearly as entertaining as watching people at a boat ramp on a sunny weekend. I have to admit to providing some of that entertainment when we were nubies many years ago. Fortunately any damage was self inflicted to my own rig and I never hit anyone elses.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Back a few years ago saw a 5er headed to their site take a left turn too close and they broke the dump valves off since they were hanging at the right height. All the contents of their tanks came out on the ground, no way to shut it off.

Really glad we didnít have a site nearby and there was another access road we could use.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I guess you're just special!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #10

Have yet to see a camp ground accident, everyone I have seen has been very careful in entering and exiting.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #11

At an RV park in Pendleton, OR heard hornhos and people yelling looked out the front of the coach an very close to our windshield was the awing on a 5er
Guess a walk around was a silly idea

Shout out to those that seen this guy driving with it out
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:52 PM   #12

I pulled up close to a pony wall of stacked rocks so as to not block the driveway while registering at a KOA. Upon leaving I cut the corner short and sideswiped that wall of jagged rocks. Fortunately, the sheet metal on the three cubbies were easy to bend back into shape.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #13

I was parked over night in a tight campground and my toad was hit by a guy on his first trip with his new motorhome while trying to back into the space across the street in the dark. Very minor damage that I knew I could rub out myself so I told him not to worry about it. Count myself blessed so far!
dramsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #14

Last February in Yuma, backing our new to us 2014 Meridian 36m into our "slot" just the second time. The neighbor lady came out and started asking her questions about the new rig while directing me in. Not good! She distracted my DW and I smacked/barely touched a loosely stacked, 18" high brick wall. (It was a "Park illegal" wall, at that. I was just sick! Cracked the fiber glass on the left rear corner! We ended up "boondocking" at the body shop for 5 days while the repair was done! Glad we had our "Toad" with us!
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote