Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2021, 08:30 AM   #1

Crazy or not

This afternoon we’re going to look at a 2008 Revolution, low miles, supposed to be really nice, well kept. (Heard that before)
We plan on an inspection for any thing we buy. That said, am I crazy?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2021, 08:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandcinok View Post
This afternoon we’re going to look at a 2008 Revolution, low miles, supposed to be really nice, well kept. (Heard that before)

Most of us are crazy in some fashion or another. After all we own houses that move down the road and are in need of constant attention. That said, if it's in good shape, the miles aren't crazy and it suits your needs why not.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Crazy, no, far from it! I think you're very wise to have an inspection done before buying. Be sure you find a certified RV Inspector!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Just a few thoughts.... AND BE SURE to have a Pre-Purchase INSPECTION!!
1st.. View the "tag" lines at the bottom of the responding posters..
To give you an Idea of where they are coming from and the equipment they have.

Keep in mind..
You Do Not Know......What You Do Not Know..

Your 1st coach is simply a learning tool..
When You tour/view "In Person" any perspective coach..
View it First with all slides retracted, then shuck your shoes and do a dry run in the shower, sit on the throne (AND Close the door!), lay on the bed,study the galley(enough counter room/pantry space/pots & pans storage?) Do You have access to all these with slide retracted???
If the coach is fully usable without the slides extended, then give it a second look.
(Think wally-docking,rest areas,truckstops...any where that you cannot/do not have room for the slides to be extended)

BUY USED! & buy one with everything you "think" you want and will need..
IF the perspective coach seems a bit small but still "DO-Able" .......REMEMBER!!!
What seemed small... becomes unbearably TINY after being Coop'd up" for a week or more due to weather...
(AKA.....Cabin Fever)
A coach that is "Too Big" lasts for a week or two..One "Too Small" lasts forever.

And.... You WILL make mistakes and have booboo's We all have.....
Within a year or less, you will discover..about the RV

What you love about the RV...
What you can kinda-sorta tolerate with the RV..
And what you absolutely hate about that !@#$%^%$#@! RV.
Then you can go get what you should have gotten in the first place..
Happy Hunting

Remember!!!!
Every day you "put off" retiring...is just one LESS day you have remaining to enjoy being RETIRED !!!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:12 PM   #5

Our 2002 Revolution has been a very good coach. I would not hesitate to purchase again.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Just a few thoughts.... AND BE SURE to have a Pre-Purchase INSPECTION!!
1st.. View the "tag" lines at the bottom of the responding posters..
To give you an Idea of where they are coming from and the equipment they have.

Keep in mind..
You Do Not Know......What You Do Not Know..

Your 1st coach is simply a learning tool..
When You tour/view "In Person" any perspective coach..
View it First with all slides retracted, then shuck your shoes and do a dry run in the shower, sit on the throne (AND Close the door!), lay on the bed,study the galley(enough counter room/pantry space/pots & pans storage?) Do You have access to all these with slide retracted???
If the coach is fully usable without the slides extended, then give it a second look.
(Think wally-docking,rest areas,truckstops...any where that you cannot/do not have room for the slides to be extended)

BUY USED! & buy one with everything you "think" you want and will need..
IF the perspective coach seems a bit small but still "DO-Able" .......REMEMBER!!!
What seemed small... becomes unbearably TINY after being Coop'd up" for a week or more due to weather...
(AKA.....Cabin Fever)
A coach that is "Too Big" lasts for a week or two..One "Too Small" lasts forever.

And.... You WILL make mistakes and have booboo's We all have.....
Within a year or less, you will discover..about the RV

What you love about the RV...
What you can kinda-sorta tolerate with the RV..
And what you absolutely hate about that !@#$%^%$#@! RV.
Then you can go get what you should have gotten in the first place..
Happy Hunting

Remember!!!!
Every day you "put off" retiring...is just one LESS day you have remaining to enjoy being RETIRED !!!
Your advice is excellent!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandcinok View Post
If you are just looking to learn with no intention to buy for now, that is still a good plan as it will help you learn for when you do get ready to buy. Keep notes at each RV you look at and ask as many questions as you may have as that is the best way to learn. By now I would guess that you have finished looking at this one, so what questions do you have?
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #8

Lots of appreciated advice here, thanks to you all.

Ray, i started doing just that, looking at others equipment, LOTS of older motorhomes out there in use. That helped me a lot.

Skp kirk, we’re buying if we find he right one, we’ve missed 2, sold the day before we got there. Really takes the wind out of your sails, especially my wife. Im more stubborn. 😁

Every one we look at, we file away items yes, no, maybe. The bus we looked at yesterday turned out to be an example. Options we want, just werent there. Master unlock for the storage doors, aqua hot, generator on a slideout, washer and dryer (no combo for my wife) were the biggies. It was a low mileage beautiful coach, someone will love it, just those items for us, we would kick ourselves every day for “settling” for this one.

Again, thanks to all, we’re getting there. Maybe.😁
Old 03-29-2021, 07:59 AM   #9

I suggest that you develop a list of all of the items that either of you consider to be important and then set up a priority list from that. The items that are "must have" should be first and you may even want to ask about those before you go and look. It is very unlikely that you will ever find an RV that is configured exactly as both of you want, when looking in the used market. You are very wise to take your time and do a lot of looking before you buy. You may also want to develop a prefered brand/model list. Shopping can be a lot of fun as long as you don't get in a hurry.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote