Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sespe View Post
Me too, that seems like the ideal system, but I can't find it on their website. How do I make this happen?

I just found these pressure pro and crossfire compatible systems.

The manufacturer is Dual Dynamics but the distributor is Ed Donly Enterprise. Apparently Ed worked with Pressure Pro and Crossfire to come up with this system for our specific needs.

The part number is STV-2 you will need 16" braided hoses for 22.5" wheels, each kit is $70 plus shipping charges. Ed is a Cow farmer with his wife Vera in Kansas but the kits will be shipped from Lincoln Nebraska.

The best I can tell is that Ed is the only distributor according to Dual Dynamics.

Eds number is 1-800-774-1944 no web sight.

I will be ordering these as soon as I get my corner weights, thanks to the help of very helpful travelers on this thread.

I also think I will be ordering the pressure pro unit to monitor coach and toad.

I hope this is helpful. Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Before getting too comfortable with Crossfire, I suggest everyone read this thread.
Tireman9 is an industry expert on tires.
If you don't also have a TPMS, you are likely to have tire issues and vehicle damage that you may not have anticipated.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/blew-...al-334620.html

Pay close attention to posts 7, 11, 16, and 19

I agree, crossfire without tpms could add problems but the two used correctly definitely will save tires, fuel economy and add to peace of mind.

Thanks for the great input.

Rick
Old 02-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
I think this is the best set up I've seen yet, is this your video?

I didn't realize crossfire had duel port set up option.

Thank you for this great video and input.
Yes it is my video (please subscribe! I try to add helpful stuff when I find it).

You can order this configuration straight from dual dynamics or any of their distributors. (I ordered from truckpartsworld.net).

Mine are 110 psi, stainless hose, dual tpms fittings:
Item# CF-110-STV

How to Order - Dual Dynamics

explains their part numbers and what to spec

From the linked page above:
"If you use tire monitors on your truck or RV you will need hoses with STV fitting to attach them to the Crossfire."

An example from the linked page above:

"CF-100-STV is a Crossfire with stainless steel hoses with T fitting to attach tire monitors to the Crossfire set at 100 psi with AT/BH brackets."
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
Yes it is my video (please subscribe! I try to add helpful stuff when I find it).

You can order this configuration straight from dual dynamics or any of their distributors. (I ordered from truckpartsworld.net).

Mine are 110 psi, stainless hose, dual tpms fittings:

Item# CF-110-STV

How to Order - Dual Dynamics

explains their part numbers and what to spec

From the linked page above:

"If you use tire monitors on your truck or RV you will need hoses with STV fitting to attach them to the Crossfire."

An example from the linked page above:

"CF-100-STV is a Crossfire with stainless steel hoses with T fitting to attach tire monitors to the Crossfire set at 100 psi with AT/BH brackets."

Great video and great info.

This is what I have chosen to do.

Thanks for posting.

Rick
Old 02-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #47

Crossfire equalizing tire valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
I agree, crossfire without tpms could add problems but the two used correctly definitely will save tires, fuel economy and add to peace of mind.

Thanks for the great input.

Rick

Hi Rick!
What is very interesting is that a Crossfire must be selected for the specific drive axel tire pressures.
If the pressure choice is adjusted due to a change of tires, a heavier/lighter load, or due to a different coach, the Crossfires may need replacement!
At $57 (plus added pipes) per, it doesn't seem like much. But, it would bother me to make physical swaps for very little functional benefit.
My tire pressures only need adjustment once per year. 2 additional tire valves do not inconvenience me, and TPMS is all that has been required by me and a large number of the RVer fleet.
The balancing by Crossfire is great for trucks, as they rarely have collateral damage from a dually tire failure, whereas, the damage on RVs is often substantial.
BTW, any benefit with Crossfire via MPG or tire life is not calculable on RVs.
I wish you well!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #48

I ran the Crossfires on my Kenworth for Millions of miles with great success, just a quick look as you walk around your vehicle each time you stop
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For me the best thing was equalizing the pressures between tires. TPMS for an anal retentive person is a curse..It drove me nuts having one tire at 109psi and another at 108 ... I wanted all 4 at 110..this makes it easy!

FYI as has been mentioned, you really need to get your 4 corner weights to know what pressures you need. For me it's 110 rear, 105 front (bus is exceptionally well balanced side to side but I don't have slides).
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:35 PM   #50
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Okay, I just read through all the posts and just don't see the advantage. To me, the Crossfire system was probably state of the art ten years ago, but kind of out of date now. The only advantage everyone is advocating is keeping the tires at equal pressure. The problem is, most of the other advantages being advocated, no longer are true and can be disproven by TPMS systems. Even the idea of the pressures being kept even is disproven by TPMS systems that show that the tires really don't vary in air pressure, even the inner and outer dual.

I physically check my tire pressure twice a year and typically find my tires about 1-2 psi lower than the previous check, six months earlier. Second, inside and outside duals run pretty much the same temps. I see more of a temperature variance caused by the sun. I also watch the tire pressure and as I drive, the pressures all increase at the same rate so no need to have some special gadget to keep them equal.

So the only advantage is filling both duals at one inflation point. To get this, you have to have this jumble of hoses, connections and a gage, increasing your chance of something failing, versus a single valve stem with a TPMS monitor on the end. Lastly, no offense, but they sure distract from the looks of a polished rim.

I think there was a time in the past for the Crossfire system, but a TPMS can now do a better job and give you real time information.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #51

Quote:
Hi Rick!
What is very interesting is that a Crossfire must be selected for the specific drive axel tire pressures.
If the pressure choice is adjusted due to a change of tires, a heavier/lighter load, or due to a different coach, the Crossfires may need replacement!
At $57 (plus added pipes) per, it doesn't seem like much. But, it would bother me to make physical swaps for very little functional benefit.
My tire pressures only need adjustment once per year. 2 additional tire valves do not inconvenience me, and TPMS is all that has been required by me and a large number of the RVer fleet.
The balancing by Crossfire is great for trucks, as they rarely have collateral damage from a dually tire failure, whereas, the damage on RVs is often substantial.
BTW, any benefit with Crossfire via MPG or tire life is not calculable on RVs.
I wish you well!

I completely understand your points and they are valid, I also don't like that the valve weights are not adjustable at this time and the clean look is compromised a bit.

It seems like most rver's and truckers purchase for the max weight to prepare for the worst case which could add to a rougher ride, most truck's carry a variety of weights and even empty at times where as for me my coach stays the same even without toad. I'm sure those that tow trailers and stackers with heavy tongue weights have more to consider.

Another thing to consider is when parked and the owner is not monitoring tpms, a slow or fast leak with crossfire would drain the duals equally but without the valve only one would drain leaving the other to support the full load, probably not near as damaging as rolling weight but I guess two completely flat tires wouldn't be good either.

As for me doing a weekly visual inspection of exterior I would notice the colored valve or definitely two extremely low tires but may never fire up the tpms once a week to see if maybe an inner tire is empty or extremely low.

I would stick with what has worked for you, I'm just thinking out loud.

Thanks for your input.

Rick
Old 02-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny285 View Post
I ran the Crossfires on my Kenworth for Millions of miles with great success, just a quick look as you walk around your vehicle each time you stop

I tend to trust the million mile driver over the 80,000 mile driver.

Thanks

Rick
Old 02-09-2018, 07:44 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
For me the best thing was equalizing the pressures between tires. TPMS for an anal retentive person is a curse..It drove me nuts having one tire at 109psi and another at 108 ... I wanted all 4 at 110..this makes it easy!

FYI as has been mentioned, you really need to get your 4 corner weights to know what pressures you need. For me it's 110 rear, 105 front (bus is exceptionally well balanced side to side but I don't have slides).

Good thoughts.

Thanks

Rick
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Okay, I just read through all the posts and just don't see the advantage. To me, the Crossfire system was probably state of the art ten years ago, but kind of out of date now. The only advantage everyone is advocating is keeping the tires at equal pressure. The problem is, most of the other advantages being advocated, no longer are true and can be disproven by TPMS systems. Even the idea of the pressures being kept even is disproven by TPMS systems that show that the tires really don't vary in air pressure, even the inner and outer dual.

I physically check my tire pressure twice a year and typically find my tires about 1-2 psi lower than the previous check, six months earlier. Second, inside and outside duals run pretty much the same temps. I see more of a temperature variance caused by the sun. I also watch the tire pressure and as I drive, the pressures all increase at the same rate so no need to have some special gadget to keep them equal.

So the only advantage is filling both duals at one inflation point. To get this, you have to have this jumble of hoses, connections and a gage, increasing your chance of something failing, versus a single valve stem with a TPMS monitor on the end. Lastly, no offense, but they sure distract from the looks of a polished rim.

I think there was a time in the past for the Crossfire system, but a TPMS can now do a better job and give you real time information.

I agree, the tpms is a must but the data I've seen, that I can't share because this site kicks me off the app every time I try to post a photo but it can be easily found, shows some mild but useful advantages.

Your right not beautiful but I have some ideas about that I may try.

I'm glad the tpms is working for ya, can't imaging driving for years without one.

Thanks for your input.

Rick
Old 02-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #55

Crossfire equalizing tire valve

I suggest getting a TPMS system first. The need for Crossfire will likely vanish. Setting dually pressures at prefered values rather than the firm limit of the Crossfire will add to the convenience.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:03 AM   #56

Quote:
I suggest getting a TPMS system first. The need for Crossfire will likely vanish. Setting dually pressures at prefered values rather than the firm limit of the Crossfire will add to the convenience.

Agreed

Thanks

Rick

Tags
fire, valve