Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #1

Cruise control fuse location?

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 39V, can’t not find fuse for cause control.

Thanks, Roy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #2

Mine is under the hood on the fire wall.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If it has the "Smart Wheel" the cruise is controlled by a module with the other functions on the wheel. There was no fuse that I could find when troubleshooting my cruise control. There are relays inside the module which is typically located under the dash.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:40 PM   #4

If this a diesel pusher the Cruise Control (CC) is likely controlled by the Diesel ECM. On my CAT the ECM controls the CC along with a pressure switch in the brake line. The pressure switch is a normally closed contacts with no pressure applied which is opposite of the brake light pressure switch. When the brakes are applied the CC pressure switch opens the contacts which drops the CC out. I had the CC pressure switch go bad when the contacts stuck open. This resulted in the CC and fast idle not working. After much troubleshooting was able to verify the pressure switch was bad by installing a jumper across the pressure switch contacts. That allowed the fast idle to work. Replaced the switch and everything was restored. Finding a replacement switch was a challenge.

I do not have a Smart Wheel so there could be differences in how CC circuit is activated. I have three switch that activate the CC (On/Off, Resume/Decrease, Set/Increase)
Old 06-19-2021, 07:26 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes, if a DP of that year the CC is controlled by the ECM. If you have a Smart Wheel then the module sends the signal to the ECM to operate the CC. I don't believe there is any mechanical actuator for that model of coach. There would be a relay that signals the ECM. As noted above a faulty brake switch (one normally open, one normally closed) would cause the CC not to engage. If there is the Smart Wheel then the module is also a point of failure.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, cruise control, fuse