I recently had this issue, and had many items replaced/etc and I found the simplest thing that, if I would have traced all of the wires could have saved months of aggravation to me (and all of those in our caravan that follow me, I lead because I have the lowest max speed due to toad vehicle, and largest unit so I have the RV GPS) and money. After replacing the obvious parts I started to trace down the wires, starting at the steering column. I found a connector under the dash, that I had seen many times, but never realized until I was looking at diagrams, there was a wire missing from one side of the connector. I took a flashlight and started looking around, and sure enough, I found a wire, that was on the diagram, that the wire and pin it was connected to had pulled out of the plastic connector.
Once I confirmed this wire color, and the pin location it was missing from, I pushed it back into the connector and taped the entire bundle of wires from the plastic connector up about 6 inches. Voila! My cruise now works. I can't believe that a: it was that simple but sometimes is, and b: that the wire could come out of the connector. Not sure how or why it did.
I know different types of coaches, but definitely work on tracing down every wire for the cruise system, starting at the switch all the way down the system, never know what you might find.
Matthew traveling with 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
2006 Coachmen Encore 40TS, 3 slides, 330 CAT C7
2018 Lincoln MKZ, AWD, 3.0 Twin Turbo V6, 400HP