Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2022, 06:03 AM   #43

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNick1 View Post
I saw only 1 review there.
Just looked and didn't see any! Suspect it may have been removed, not sure. But I did leave a review so let's see how that goes.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #44

Install video

I'm following this thread, as my wife and I are interested in adding the kit to our motorhome. I saw several earlier requests for video/pics on installs, so I thought I'd post a link to this video that I found.
ElliottM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 04:43 AM   #45

Quote:
The EC AGS is compatible with every permanently mounted gas or diesel RV and Commercial mobile generator with the exception of the Onan QD 3200
I have an older onan emerald 6500 LP BGE/NHE. Does anyone know if I could make it work with that model ? Its not listed, but the above statement wants me to order and try anyway lol
Old 12-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #46

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierpressure View Post
Will this work with a QD7500?
Works very well with my QD8000 generator.

And I love the system, much better than the one I had before (Magnum...)

The Bluetooth interface is good and you can do a lot with it.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:04 PM   #47

Have you tried the app since it updated a few days ago? It will not run on my Galazy S22 running Android 13.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:57 AM   #48

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post
Have you tried the app since it updated a few days ago? It will not run on my Galazy S22 running Android 13.
Didn't know there was an update. If it won't run on your phone, you may want to do a support chat and see if they can help you. I've found Cummins chat feature to work very well for me.

I'm going to check on that update right now!
Old 12-06-2022, 06:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
Didn't know there was an update. If it won't run on your phone, you may want to do a support chat and see if they can help you. I've found Cummins chat feature to work very well for me.

I'm going to check on that update right now!
I already have an open case with them where they are replacing the unit because it constantly loses its settings.

They are working on the app issue.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:26 PM   #50

The fix for the app is to uninstall it, then reinstall it. You should not have to do that.

The fix for my initial case with them is they are sending me a new module and an additional temperature sensor. Hopefully, that will fix the issue of loss of auto start settings.

I believe that this is a "boutique" product from Cummins that has some teething pains that they are working through. The big question is if Cummins is committed to working through the issues.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:45 AM   #51

Any updates on this product. Want to know if issues have been fixed and if it is reliable.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2023, 08:09 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavnTheWales View Post
Any updates on this product. Want to know if issues have been fixed and if it is reliable.

Thanks
Cummins released a firmware update for the AGS module itself (not an app update) a few months ago.

The firmware seems to have resolved the issue of it losing the temperature settings.
Old 08-12-2023, 11:33 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
EV-30 Cable for Cummins Onan QD3200

I’m building an EV-30 Y cable to connect it to the QD3200 Cummins RV generators.

It will allow you to ‘Y’ into your existing remote cable with no tools and use either to control the genset. There are three inputs for external triggers such as AC or similar (think BMV-712 gen start signal, other trigger from outside source). This uses the standard Cummins 044-00077 part with some added interfaces and connectors. I will post a YouTube video once I get time. Still waiting on parts to arrive.

Anyone interested, private message me for the waiting list and pricing.
EngMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 08:33 PM   #54

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a great project. Error codes will not be displayed from 3.2, but I can see a path for start /stop. They have a kit sold to OEMs to interface with OEM display panels.

I do know Onan has discontinued the EC30. Should work with the new wireless EC AGS+ I would think as well.

Let me know when you get it working
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 01:27 AM   #55

Disappointing

I am looking at getting AGS on my QD6000. This seems ideal except I would want it to tie into the inverter relay start/stop.

I dunno what you guys think but you've played with it..

So what if I used a relay on a victron CX/inverter device and wired the relay outputs to two of these:

https://www.tindie.com/products/icst...ost-converter/

So you would basically wire a single relay backwards. So com would go to the EG-ACS, NC would go to the output of one of those devices set to 12vdc, NO would go to the output of another set to 10vdc.

This way an inverter relay, and it would have to be a com/NC/no relay, would basically select the voltage to send to the EG-ACS.. thereby using the victron or other inverter with battery charger to control the auto start.

I dunno what do you guys think? This part is like $12.. granted the voltage reading on the Bluetooth would now be meaningless
Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:16 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Since you already have some Victron equipment, just add a Cerbo GX and it will do everything that the Cummins AGS device will do and more. I installed this about 18 months ago, and it works fine. Plus, it's not limited to Bluetooth communications - I can manually and automatically start my generator via smartphone/web page from anywhere in the world.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/gen...pp-577894.html
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, cummins