Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Vicr Send a message via AIM to Vicr
Custom made RV Screens

I need a custom made screen for my rear emergency window in my 2016 Precept 35S. I have found one place called All-Rite that makes custom RV screens but the screen would have been $150 plus $26.00 in tax.
There is one residential screen shop in the Seattle Metro area that can make a screen with radius corners and they wanted $220. I can't believe these places want so much money for something that costs $5 to make and 15 minutes to make.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that doesn't want 2 bills for a screen?

I know I can have a rectangle one for cheap but it would look really stupid and I don't do stupid.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #2

I don't know if you've heard of DK Boos in Lacey but they have a very good reputation for RV windows of all kinds. I have used them to have windows repaired for both the RV and residential applications through the years and they are not only good but seem reasonably priced. They also custom make residential screens. I wonder if they could fabricate an RV screen for cheap?

DK Boos Glass - RV Window/Glass Repair
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
I need a custom made screen for my rear emergency window in my 2016 Precept 35S. I have found one place called All-Rite that makes custom RV screens but the screen would have been $150 plus $26.00 in tax.
There is one residential screen shop in the Seattle Metro area that can make a screen with radius corners and they wanted $220. I can't believe these places want so much money for something that costs $5 to make and 15 minutes to make.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that doesn't want 2 bills for a screen?

I know I can have a rectangle one for cheap but it would look really stupid and I don't do stupid.
Hi Vicr, We also wanted a screen for the emergency window in our 2015 Windsport and ran into the same issues you are encountering. We ended up making our own using nylon screen attached to the window frame with velcro. After cutting the screen to the size we sewed binding material all the way around the screen and then sewed velcro (the soft side) to the binding. In the lower right corner we sewed a flap on the screen to make opening easier. To attach the screen we put adhesive backed velcro around the window frame. To prop the window open we have rods of different lengths that we use to prop the window open. Our MH is in storage so I can't get any pictures. I think the cost was less than $20. The wife's sewing machine was able to handle this project.
Lakehouse 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #4

Vicr
Save yourself the expense! You can make up your own easily from the materials you can buy at Home Depot or others. The only thing you will need to find elsewhere is the "radial corners". However, they are out there as in this link
95-123 Rounded Corner for 1/4" x 13/16" : SWISCO.com

Good luck!
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Vicr Send a message via AIM to Vicr
Slaterdoc, thanks for the link. I'm going to order the radiused corners and make the screen my self.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr