Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #1

customer no service

Still waiting for Thor to call me and to advise their severely burned out Tom Overton has been replaced! Come on thor ; step up to the plate and take care of your reputation. By the way ; serrano is still in shop.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Huh???????????
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom Overton used to be my contact at Gulfstream. He is a super guy. I could work with him and had the factory change several manuf. problems. The problem with Tom is, he cares.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #4

NO, the problem is Thor doesn't care. I've had issues with the seating material peeling on my 08 Challenger and was told by Mr. Overton that since the unit was out of warranty, it's my problem. They wouldn't even discuss a partial assistance. So I know where "anotherone" is coming from.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Well, is it out of warranty? Maybe Mr. Overton could have been nicer about it I guess. I dunno.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #6

There has to be some time when an owner begins taking responsibility for their items and stops trying to pawn it off on the manufacturers............right?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
There has to be some time when an owner begins taking responsibility for their items and stops trying to pawn it off on the manufacturers............right?
+1
Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
NO, the problem is Thor doesn't care. I've had issues with the seating material peeling on my 08 Challenger and was told by Mr. Overton that since the unit was out of warranty, it's my problem. They wouldn't even discuss a partial assistance. So I know where "anotherone" is coming from.
We had the same peeling issue with our 07 Hurricane. We were the 2nd owner and it was out of warranty. I called Flexsteel. They were kind enough to me to make me a complete set of covers, including armrest and skirt for $200.00 for each seat. Armed with set of hog-ring plyers and a box of hog-rings 3 hours later the seats were reinstalled in the MH

FYI... they wanted $250 for each seat and after pleading with them they dropped it to $200.00 While I had to take a material that was not the same as the original I actually liked the new materal better.

For those of you that might blame Flexsteel since they made the seats... here is the rest of the story. When Thor contracted with Flexsteel to make the seats they also received approval to provide the material for the cover. Thor selected the material, ordered it then provided it to Flexsteel to make the seats. So the ultimate responsiblity should have been Thor's BUT since their warranty specifically states the warranty is to the ORIGINAL purchaser I do not have a valid complain with Thor.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Times 2

Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Your right ; when is that time. How about less than a year old and 6000 mi. Would a car still have warranty and many manufacturing defects be covered? You bet your booties they would be covered. This motorhome should be an embarrassment to thor because of the way it came out of the factory. If my factory put this out in this condition I would be scrambling to save my reputation and make it right just to stay in business.
I took responsibility the day I brought it home and started working on it. I worked on it a solid week fixing sealing adjusting and some things I said forget it thats what warranties are for; after all its practically new. Thor said no!!!!!! Even if its one day old ; second owner get lost ,thor washes their hands of you. Heres a copy of an email tom overton sent me today. Yes he told me second owners dont have warranty ; 3 times he told me this and I dont accept this cop out for factory screw ups. Step up to the plate thor and take care of your factory screwups. I DID NOT PURCHASE THIS SERRANO AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry I have talked with you before about the warranty on the coach ,you being the second owner did not purchase our warranty you purchased the coach As is . The only warranty that would be left on the coach would be the chassis warranty because it is transferable . So you would need to call them to register with them for any recalls that may come up so you would be notified we will register you as the second owner so if we have any recalls we will be able to send you a letter on what it would be.

Thomas Overton
Warranty Advisor
toverton@tmcrv.com
701 C.R. 15
Elkhart IN. 46515
PH. 877-855-2867
FAX 574-294-3618
Old 02-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #11

Hate to say it, but he's right, even though it's wrong.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, the OP is the second owner, he bought it "As Is" and wants the factory to pay for warranty work that is no longer covered?

OP, did you get a good deal on the unit by buying it second hand? If so then the money you saved is what you have to do repairs with.

Take the problems up with the seller, the factory has the right to refuse service as per their written warranty. You did READ it before you bought, right?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #13

[QUOTE=Mr_D;1083333]So, the OP is the second owner, he bought it "As Is" and wants the factory to pay for warranty work that is no longer covered?
I didnt buy it as is and I never would!

OP, did you get a good deal on the unit by buying it second hand? If so then the money you saved is what you have to do repairs with.

Didnt save squat and have a $3000 extended warranty that says thats not mechanical breakage thats just poor workmanship.

Take the problems up with the seller, the factory has the right to refuse service as per their written warranty. You did READ it before you bought, right?
No never saw that and thats not the point. The point is they put out factory screwups that are atrocious and should save themselves some embarrassment and restore their reputation like anyone else would ,or go out of business like the US car makers almost did.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #14

IMO a warranty that ends upon sale to a second owner is a sham. With automobiles, the warranty "runs with the vehicle". Second, third, fourth owner - it doesn't matter as long as the original time/mileage conditions are in place. This applies to a car costing as little as $10K. A $50K or $100K unit gets less coverage?

Even most "extended warranty" service contracts are transferable for a small fee.

There is no logic (except greed) for a non-transfer of coverage. Why is it that the chassis coverage transfers? Maybe the chassis manufacturers are more concerned, or maybe they know that they build a product that is superior to that of the body manufacturers.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Closed Thread

Tags
service