Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #1

Damon chassis battery no power

I have a 2000 Damon Intruder Ford F53 chassis ..parked 1 week went to restart 12 volt power no dash nothing! ..Battery IS fully charged checked all cables Anyone have ideas where to look ..what to check . Thanks...( lucky its in my driveway )
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Is there a chassis battery cutoff switch that needs to be turned on?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Seneca View Post
Is there a chassis battery cutoff switch that needs to be turned on?
no cutoff switch never had a problem before?
Old 09-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

Is it in park? We've seen it before.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Is it in park? We've seen it before.
NO 12 volt power no lights no dash gauges horn fans anything nothing from chassis battery works everything from coach battery works as should hoped someone has had same problem .thanks....
Old 09-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #6

Take a pocket knife and with the headlight switch on use it to push between the battery cable end and the post even though it does not look of feel loose it will tell you if no contact is made. Do it on both the positive and neg. terminal if possible. If they are designed so this is difficult to do then remove them and brush with metal bristle brush and replace.

There is a coating that can form on snug, but not tight, contacts that will insulate the contact points from each other. Especially if left unused for a time.

As a further test you can check the battery for voltage to be sure it is not discharged and if it is then look at the battery separator circuit for a similar problem and check its solenoid.

Battery not starting the motor and not even able to turn on lights could be two totally different situations.

Hope this helps
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #7

I don't know your coach so these comments may not apply.

Do you see 12 volts on the battery terminals when the key is turned to start or does the battery voltage drop?

Do you see 12 volts measured from chassis ground to the positive post of the chassis battery?

Follow the negative battery lead and make sure it is firmly attached to the chassis.

Follow the positive battery lead and look for heavy fuse. If you find one check for 12 volts on the far side of the fuse. There may be a 300 AMP Forklift Fuse (or similar) in the primary circuit that has blown. Sometimes there will be a 300 AMP cap shaped fuse on the positive battery terminal.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:24 AM   #8

Problem solved I found it myself thanks anyway!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyman View Post
Man up. what was the problem?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyman View Post
Oh come on Grumpy....you started this, so you have to tell us what it was so we all can learn. You can't just go home. It's the rules.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Oh come on Grumpy....you started this, so you have to tell us what it was so we all can learn. You can't just go home. It's the rules.
well it was not any of those silly replys I got.. it was loose a wire on starter solenoid after I found it mounted on frame they do like to hide things...

Tags
battery, chassis, damon, power