Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2015, 07:17 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsides View Post
To life member. I run between 70 and 80 lbs in front air bags. I dont know what others run. I made a manifold with individual gauge and fill port for each side. This I placed under the hood, if you can call it that, I attached it to the wiper bracket, I would post a pic, bit I dont know how. It makes it a lot easier to see if there is a leak, which side is low, and to fill.
That sounds like a good idea. will also look at a way to do this in the back if I can. Should I decide to bring this home on Monday

I was also ready about the ROTTEN GREEN SWITCH problem with the WH chassis.. Has anyone tried jumping out this switch with a jumper wire for a temporary fix until one can get to a better location to fix it correctly? (should this, or when this becomes an issue that is)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Its official. I am now the owner of a 1996 Damon Daybreak 26 foot MH With lots to read.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #31

Love my99 daybreak
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
2005 Damon Daybreak 3270w. Love the thing! I is not fancy, but very well kept. Only problems I have had was the Rotten Green Switch and the Burnt Ignition Switch. Both are very easy to change. Rides great. Only two modes I want to complete. One is the Steer Safe, and the other is a direct tv satellite system. Other than that, very happy with the motorhome. I'm sure in the future other things will fail, but that is mechanical. If man made it, it will break! Happy Trails.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:37 AM   #33

I should also mention mine is a 370 on a workhorse chassis
Old 04-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
After getting this home and taking a couple of trips I spent some time looking it over. It has a newer fan clutch, alternator, belts, already installed. I changed the radiator hoses, flushed and changed thermostat. Had to fix the lower ball joints and put new front tires and alignment. But I new that was needed before purchase. I installed new front shocks and steering stabilizer upgraded the TV. Over all looks to be in great shape.

As others have stated the daybreak is not fancy rig, very basic but well kept MH. It is on the P37 chassis and handles fine. On our first long trip of two weeks the control board for the A?C unit burned out on our last day. It was an easy fix that took longer to find the part then replacing.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #35

Im not much of a mechanic, I do oil changes and what not. But because of this forum I am getting more handy. I troubleshot and fixed the kwikee steps by replacing the control unit, the water heater turned out to be a bad circut board, replaced the flush valve on the back of the toilet, rivited on a new handle for the awning and replaced the chassis battery and all 3 house batteries. Also bought a big battery charger/jumper and an air compressor I keep at home but throw on the coach when we head out
Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have a mechanical background although being disabled has slowed me down some. What I don't know about MH this site has been a wealth of information. This is our first MH although it has similar type of equipment as all the other campers I have owned it has other things and procedures that are quite different.

I also bought a portable air compressor that will pump up the tires and handle the air tools. The air tools have become a great asset overcoming the problem with my hands these days. It goes in the front passenger side compartment along with a fifty foot air hose

Tags
damon