Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2023, 08:23 AM   #1

damp rid

Does anyone use damp rid in their motorhome whenever it is in storage. Our motorhome will be stored outside.

Thanks,
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2023, 08:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
Does anyone use damp rid in their motorhome whenever it is in storage. Our motorhome will be stored outside.

Thanks,
My daughter does and it’s very effective, so it seems.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:39 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Damp Rid is very effective if you store your rv in a humid or marine environment.....I use them all the time on my boat.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post

Thanks,
Two in the coach and one in the basement. They work great!
CosmoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 10:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoK View Post
Two in the coach and one in the basement. They work great!
Same here too. A have some camper friends that swear by them.
WeeBeenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 10:57 AM   #6

Damp Rid

I use it in our 26ft. trailer year round. It even works in very cold weather.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:17 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I have 3 in our MH. They do collect moisture, you just have to keep an eye on them, and dump the water out, and refill with more pellets once in a while.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #8
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used the hanging bags for a long time. But recently I have had one them leaked and two that came apart at the hanger. I recently bought a large tub of Damp Rid 2.5 pound that has a lid on it. Seems to work good, I just put the lid on it and stored while driving. In my pickup that I rarely drive I stuck a smaller container 18.5 oz. of it in it, kind of wish it had a lid like the bigger one but I think it is secure enough behind the seat.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:55 PM   #9

We use them in our travel trailer anytime it is in storage works good. One in the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 06:40 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We for years have used Damp Rid for years in our campers. Our current MP we have 4 in it two of the large one gallon buckets and two of the closet hanging bag. in the past I put a small one in both the fridge and freezer.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 10:24 PM   #11

I used to, being a resident of the Pacific NorthWet. Then I rented covered storage space and instead, left a roof vent open, and cracked a window near the front and rear of the coach. Doing that, let the coach track the ambient humidity levels and I never experienced condensation problems or musty smells. Checked it monthly to do a pest inspection, refill my bait stations, and to run the generator. The storage I rented was just in an uninsulated metal pole building without heat, and was not in sealed in any manner. It was just a roof, three walls and large doors with gaps above and below, and a dirt floor. Allowing air movement is one of the best ways of preventing mold and mildew. I always wondered just how much those damp rid containers really change interior humidity levels given the rig's large, open square footage. To know if they really work, you'd have to monitor relative humidity both with, and without them in place. In damp regions air can hold a lot of water and unless a rig is sealed up tight, the humidity would be constantly trying to equalize with outside air. A couple quarts of water over a period of weeks seems like a token amount. But that's just my skeptical mind at work.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:45 AM   #12

Thanks everyone for your input. Living here in the midwest near St Louis I thought it would be good idea.
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:28 AM   #13

Damp Rid PSA

For all you Florida campers, BJ’s has a 4 pack of hanging 16oz. Damp rid for $13.99 PLUS a $3 rebate now until 7-23(check yours first before you drive). I bought a case because I use a whole 4 pack just about every week and they are full of water. The supposed rule is 70/70. Over 70 degrees and 70% humidity and you get mold.

Giant Prius
Giant Prius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:00 AM   #14

i use the refillable containers. seems to work. one comment though. we spilled some of it the vinyl floor and didn't know it. there must have been some type of reaction as it left bubbles on the vinyl. use it carefully.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote