Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2015, 07:17 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks for all the help but motorhome is stored and we are back home will try and fix
when we get back thanks
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #30

Dash air not working

Ford V10 Fleetwood chassis Bounder 36' one slide - Dash air not cool - compressor clutch controlled by a cycling switch at the end of a 30" boron tube that ends inside the evaporator coil. Switch is supposed to be closed and only
opens if the coils are cold enough to freeze the condensate coming off them.
This switch with the tube is considered "old school" new electronic switch controls a relay which controls the clutch. Dealer does not know what this part is so I did some investigating and found a suitable replacement at Napa Store part #207501 for $45.83 delivered to my home. New switch is also adjustable like the old one. If contacts check closed, the reason for air not
being cold my be low Freon charge. Hardest part of replacing switch is opening
the evaporator compartment so old tube can be removed from the coils and
new one installed. Switch can be located near or attached to the evaporator
compartment either inside the coach behind the dash panel or in the engine
compartment near the evaporator compartment. My results after new switch
and 1 can of Freon 50 degree at idle and 45 degree at 3000 rpm sitting still.
Happy cool travels to all!
Rockie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
Something is not right there. In this case have to agree with Mel. Need to find a shop that can determine real problem versus just replacing parts.

On a better note for me. I just wrapped up repairing my dash AC this morning. Replaced expansion valve and dryer. Charged with the exact amount of R-134A mfgr recommended (3.5 lbs). And now have normal gauge readings and 47degree temps at dash with 90 degree ambient.

Steve
I'm curious as to what brand of system you have. My ford chassis has evans tempcon evaporator. The low side has a low suction of 15 to 25 lbs at 90 degrees. I thought that the expansion valve must be stuck or clogged. I have about 25 degree drop in air temperature across my evaporator. I went on their website and according to their specs it shows my ac working as designed. What kind of suction pressure was you getting before and what are you getting now? Thanks
Guy
gbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, cooling