Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

Dash AC fan stop working

Have a 2008 Fleetwood pusher. Dash AC worked fine the other day. Fan speeds won't work.. Push button switch for AC doesn't light up when pressed. Checked every fuse in dash, bathroom, and basement near charger/inverter. Everything else works in dash, fan, dash lights, horn, wipers etc and can't find anything else that is out. Been looking at wiring diagrams the last hour to start tracing but thought I'd reach out for some ideas. Oh, and also kicked on generator for a long shot and still no joy. Thx.
SWADoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are 2 fuses, a 10 amp and a 25 amp. There is also a fusible link if I remember correctly. I am not at home, but if you go to the Denso website, you can get the troubleshooting guide. I think I may have posted them in the forums here.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #3

thanks i'll take a look. part of my confusion is that nothing really jumps out and says Dash AC.. when looking for the fuses.. is the fusable link the one that looks like an in-line glass bulb. Saw that in the dash and totally confused me what that was.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #4

your fan motor is not multi-speed. it has resistors that weaken the windings to get different speeds. if the resistors are bad you will not get but a single speed . if this is the case it will probably cheaper to replace the fan motor
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #5

Understood about the resistors. No speed works. There's a push button for AC and a push button for Recirculate. The recirculate is the only one that works or shows a light when pressed. The motor does not kick on at any speed and the AC push button no longer lights up when pressed.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:43 PM   #6

Some good news. I can hear the relay at least under the dash now when I move the motor switch from off to the first position but that's about all the further I've gotten.. still no fuses that i can find that are blown anywhere at least the ones I can find on the board anyway
Old 09-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
The Denso RV Guides can be found here http://densoheavyduty.com/hvac-systems.
Click the "Downloads" tab and the manuals are all there. Good luck. Let us know what it is, I am sure you won't be the last to have this issue.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I hate to say this, but it looks like one of the fuses is part of a Denso harness. Not sure who thought that was a good idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denso_Fleetwood_Harness.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	107998  
Old 09-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #9

thanks, got the downloads. I can hear the effects of each of the dials which is good. Still looking for the harness that has the 10 amp in line fuse in the hornets nest in the console.. Is there some trick to getting in under there or am i supposed to get to it by going through the front of the MH and take the cover off the blower and such?
Old 09-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is the dash diagram from Fleetwood, as well as a diagram of about where the unit sits in relation to the dash. The easiest way I found is to take the wood piece off that the small door attaches to, and you get to most anything you need. You may want to remember how to get it apart if the heater core ever leaks. If your rig has issues with hot air up front, you may want to look at the door adjustment when you rotate the temp dial. Mine was not held in place so I had little to no heat, now it burns you out the front.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 703-02-01320.pdf (713.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: pdf 703-02-05300.pdf (81.7 KB, 102 views)
Old 09-26-2015, 06:07 AM   #11

Usual Suspect! You are a goldmine of information. I truly appreciate it. Traveling from Ocean Springs, MS to Ark today so hopefully it won't be too hot and I can take up the good fight again.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #12

He folks!! I realize it's been a long time in providing an update but I'm very happy to say that I have finally diagnosed the problem with my fan not working. Thanks again UsualSuspect for the help. It ended up being the main relay which feeds the rest of the circuits. There were some good tutorials on YT that helped me with diagnosing the relay even though you could hear it get energized when the 12volts were applied but it wouldn't change it's state.. AC works, blower works on all levels etc. Interesting thing though the troubleshooting guide didn't list the main relay as a possible issue but the wiring diagram told me differently.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:36 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad you have it working and I was able to help.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWADoug View Post
He folks!! I realize it's been a long time in providing an update but I'm very happy to say that I have finally diagnosed the problem with my fan not working. Thanks again UsualSuspect for the help. It ended up being the main relay which feeds the rest of the circuits. There were some good tutorials on YT that helped me with diagnosing the relay even though you could hear it get energized when the 12volts were applied but it wouldn't change it's state.. AC works, blower works on all levels etc. Interesting thing though the troubleshooting guide didn't list the main relay as a possible issue but the wiring diagram told me differently.
I am having the exact same problem. Where is the main relay located? And can I test it or just replace it and see?
Misn1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fan