Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #1

Dash AC fuse location on a 2006 Discovery

I had Freightliner replace a seized up AC compressor and they couldn’t locate the blown fuse. I checked every 12v fuse that are in 4- locations inside and outside of the RV and couldn’t locate it either. Anyone ever come across this?
Ken Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ken! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with that question! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Need to know your coach etc. On my 2000 Allegro Bus the fuse was located on the firewall above the generator centered at the top of the access door on the front of the coach.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #4

Did you locate it? If so where was it?
Nathan951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:19 AM   #5

No not yet, just got it out of storage and back in the driveway.. getting into it this coming weekend
Ken Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:51 AM   #6

So I have a 2014 Discovery 40G with the same problem. The compressor & clutch failed. I replaced the compressor and recharged the system but I can't get the dash AC light to come on or the compressor and condenser fan come on. Is this similar to your issue?
Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #7

Just following up to see if anybody has located where the fuse may be located for the air conditioner compressor clutch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #8

Wondering if you ever got anywhere with your dash AC?

Haven't located my fuse yet
Old 03-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
2003 Expedition AC Compressor Fuse

We have the same problem. Our AC Compressor locked up, chewed the belt off, threw it through the radiator fan, and broke a blade. Luckily nothing hit the radiator or the intercooler. So I replaced the fan and belt. Not knowing that the AC compressor clutch was indeed locked up, as soon as I started it it was obvious. So I removed and replaced the compressor with an identical unit. We decided to flush out all of the old oil with compressed air and a gallon of denatured alcohol, blew that out for several hours, then vacuumed it for several hours, replaced the filter/dryer, replaced the Freon hose connectors, put it all back together and vacuumed it down and capped it off. Let it sit overnight to see if it had any leaks - none. Charged it with oil and Freon as per the Freightliner or Fleetwood e-mail instructions and let that sit overnight - no leaks. Hooked the 30lb canister of Freon back to the low side and started the engine. The blower works. The AC and Recirc buttons illuminate but the clutch on the compressor will not engage. We have 55 lbs of static charge indicated on the gauges so the low side pressure switch (wherever that is in the system) should be satisfied to at least initially engage the compressor clutch - but no joy. So the next step is to locate the AC Compressor fuse. Freightliner tells me the wiring after the pigtail on the compressor is all Fleetwood. Fleetwood initially told me that it was a Freightliner issue. Back to Fleetwood and they tell me that Freightliner went bankrupt in 2009 and that type of (tribal knowledge) will only be found at a service center. I took another gentleman's advice here and looked above and around the generator in the front of the coach - no joy. So if anyone has any further suggestions please message me! Thanks! Don
ret60sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #10

Yeah, I did all that, in addition contacted DENSO who sent me their wiring diagram, which shows a fuse, but no one knows the location and just points fingers.

If you make any progress and locate it please post here, I'll do the same.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	238088
Old 03-14-2019, 06:59 PM   #11

Side note, if you locate the relay shown in the diagram, you could just add a fused line from the chassis battery, but not sure where that is located.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:47 PM   #12

Wondering if anyone made any progress on this?
Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #13

Just wondering if anyone ever figured it out. We have a 2003 Discovery with this issue. Compressor froze up and now has a blown fuse somewhere.
jjb2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #14

I had a 2008 FL chassis and if I remember correctly the ac clutch fuse was located DS rear along with fuses for trailer wiring etc. It should be just forward of the dash ac condenser cooling fan assembly under a rectangle cover. On my MH I had to remove a few bracket screws to swing the dash ac grill panel open to access.

Tags
cat, cover, dash, discovery, fuse