Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2021, 04:15 PM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mounted mine up high, just below the tint and behind the TV. Down side is it is not to easy to play with. Upside is it is not in my line of site, easy to run the power cord, power cord is neatly tucked away and out of site. No one knows its there but me. I despise cords or anything laying all over the dash.
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnDan View Post
Mounted mine up high, just below the tint and behind the TV. Down side is it is not to easy to play with.
I also mounted mine up high to the bottom of a entertainment cabinet.

Downside: If I lower the sunshade, I record...... the sunshade!
Old 01-21-2021, 06:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
You have a rear view mirror in your M/H?
Us, too. The compass and temperature are handy (sort of), but mostly it lets me see what drawer just opened or whatever without turning my head to look. What's a bit strange is that the bedroom closet mirror gives me a forward view, almost like looking out the windshield!
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Which dash cam worked on the vertical windshield?

Just shipping back a dash cam I ordered because the suction cup was recessed 1/4 in. behind the front of the camera lens. Therefore the camera was forced to be pointed downward when using the suction mount on the (mostly) vertical windshield.

Now looking at other dash cams I can see that this could be a common issue or the pictures don't show enough detail to rule this issue out.

What dash cam did you use that avoided this problem? Or how did you get around it? I'm going to install it low in the center of the windshield.

Thanks in advance.
Ed
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #19

I have a Garmin 66w. It has a ball joint and rotates to every conceivable angle. My problem is the suction cup does not last more than a few hours. I think it may be affected by glass temperature but I'm not certain of that idea. It also comes with a metal mount to glue into position but I am not ready to try that yet. I want to be able to move it around or to other vehicles. This camera has a setting for car/truck so that it compensates for height. Setting it to truck is meant to set low on the dash. I don't see any good reason for this setting. I have been using mine set low on the windshield just above the wipers so that I can easily reach it.
TiffinUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:28 AM   #20
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nildecaf View Post
Just shipping back a dash cam I ordered because the suction cup was recessed 1/4 in. behind the front of the camera lens. Therefore the camera was forced to be pointed downward when using the suction mount on the (mostly) vertical windshield.

Now looking at other dash cams I can see that this could be a common issue or the pictures don't show enough detail to rule this issue out.

What dash cam did you use that avoided this problem? Or how did you get around it? I'm going to install it low in the center of the windshield.

Thanks in advance.
Ed
Viofo A129 Pro. Mounted lower center of WS. Plenty of lens adjustment. No suction cup, uses VHB tape.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #21

Ours is mounted quite low, almost at dashboard level. Locked in suction cup. That way the cable is not in the way, visibility wise.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine is mounted high, just below the rear view mirror.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dash