RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #1

De winterizing Thor Tuscany 44mt

I have a 2014 Thor Tuscany 44mt that has been winterized, not by me. I have never dewinterized my motorhome and I need to for an upcoming trip. Can I just hook up the waterline where you would hook it for city water, leave the bypass switch in winterization and then turn on all the cold water faucets to flush the systen? Then flush the toilets until I get clear water through them? How much water should I run through the water dispensing system to insure it is adequately flushed? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
schriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

You'll want to leave the water heater by pass on , until you, get clear water flowing from ALL the hot and cold taps, and toilet .
Do you have a washer/dryer , or the pre-plumbed option?
If you have a whole house water filter housing , and you see RV, water system anti freeze in it , remove the filter housing and drain that A/F before you start.
The RV , A/F was probably circulated using the 12 volt pump , you need to get fresh water into the tank and run the pump to get clean water through it too.
It can take many gallons to get the A/F out , if you notice a taste from the taps, then drain the supply hose , and put a 1/2 cup of bleach in the hose , then run that through, to remove the bleach taste and smell , you can do the same with white vinegar .
Personally I wouldn't drink the water that comes through the system until you have run park water through for a few days. Take some jugs of drinking water from your house to carry you through .
EDIT: don't forget to turn the winterizing system off and fill the water heater.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

Yup to all of the above.
It takes about 2 tanks of water to flush all of the pink af taste out.
If you have an icemaker, flush that too.
My whole house filter happens to be the low point in the system, so I put a funnel under it and drain the pink out to a bucket. Pink af is non toxic of course.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
De winterizing Thor Tuscany 44mt

I like to kill two birds with one stone each spring de-winterize and sanitize at the same time. At the end I have a sanitized system and no more pink taste.

Wash your Hands, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
In addition to using vinegar, I add a quarter cup of baking soda mixed well with the vinegar and hot water then pour into the hose fill to the fresh water tank & flush out the lines, then another bit of the mix a 2nd time, helps keep the valves from building calcium deposits.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, winter