Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2021, 04:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by evofxdwg View Post
We just bought a new (2021 factory fresh) coach, and the dealer is offering (not pushing) the following added cost items. (I didn't put prices because I respect the dealer and what they have done for me). I just want to know about the value of the products. Anybody have any comments, answers to my questions, or feelings on these specific products chime in.

NATIONAL RV CARE GAS WRAP Extended Warranty
5 years / 50,000 miles/ $100 deductible
(I have a brochure but cannot find a URL for the company)
My Feelings: DECLINE
Reasons:
-I don’t see a high probability of major costs beyond the coach company and chassis company standard warranty coverage in the 5 yrs of this coverage.
-Im a serious do-it your self-er, have tools, and have done all repairs and preventative maintenance on our current motorhome for the 6 years we have owned it.
-The things that people complain about on this specific brand of coaches appear to not specifically mentioned in the covered item list. There is no exclusion list in the provided brochure so I assume if its not specifically listed, its NOT covered.
------
EASY CARE DRIVER CARE Tire and Wheel Road Hazard
5 years / $0 deductible
Im inclined to ACCEPT this, which appears to include Trip insurance (up to 3 days motel), Roadside assistance, and Towing. (It was not clear if it does actually include those items since not mentioned in the title of the dealer offering)
--------
ResistAll Interior Leather and Fabric Protection (5 year warrantied product)
Im inclined to ACCEPT. Wasn't too expensive. I want to keep the fabric in good shape. And we are spill-prone. But I am totally ignorant of this product. There are lots of reviews that say Scotch Gard applied by the owner is as good as anything. But it wasn't too expensive and I would like it to be treated as soon as possible. We will be camping on the way back from picking it up.
--------

ResistAll Exterior Paint Protection (5 year warrantied product)
Im inclined to DECLINE
My coach has special factory paint that pops and I want to keep it that way, including the fiberglass roof. But there are many negative reviews by owners that this doesn’t do anything except add dealer profit, and actual problems that people attempt to warranty aren’t covered. The manufacturer website doesn’t cover how it works or why it is good for a modern clear coat paint. I will rather find a service to do an annual cleaning and polish with a product approved for this motorhome brand clear coat. Also will keep it covered when not in use.

--------
Tyron Safety Bands (front two wheels) Includes an Emergency Roadside Tool Kit.
Im inclined to ACCEPT. . I have actually had a steering tire blowout with no problems controlling the coach (however, I was doing about 60mph). But the wheel rim was bent when it hit the pavement. I like this idea, but am concerned about getting any old RV/truck tire shop to replace the tires later. These bands have to be removed with a special tool (included in the offer), before the tire will come off. Also, I think the RETTROBAND is a better design, but they are not offered by my dealer.

All the above is negotiable (price wise) with the dealer. I have purchased some items for used vehicles/RV's through the years. Every one was negotiated to less than half what the dealer originally offered them for. I have not purchased any of the above items on your list though...
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 05:45 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I personally would not accept any of the dealers offerings. They tend to be great profit centers for the dealer. If you have an interest in those addons, you can usually do better by buying them on your own after the sale. I have never been a fan of the extras that dealers like to promote. Not once in six new coaches did I have an expense that would have been close to what the cost would have been. I suspect the less than one in ten people get back more than their premium for any of the addons. The peace of mind from the TYron bands might be the exception.
Crasher is right. These things are a ripoff, and unnecessary. Their prices are inflated to provide big profits to the dealer and very little value to the customer. The majority of customers will never recoup anything from these expenditures, and the overwhelming majority will never recoup nearly as much as they spent.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #17
jrs

I declined everything except Coach Net Premium for 5 yrs. Was going to get it anyway and it was a good deal.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, offer