Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Dancer View Post
Here's a thought:
In preparation for a quick/emergency toad disconnect, while your rig is temporarily parked,.... push the 2 towbar pins out with short 5/16" wooden dowels and leave the dowels in place of the pins. This way, just jump in the toad and pull away.
Yup, and then you will suddenly learn exactly how long your coiled safety cables are.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbaer View Post
So sorry for the loss of your motorhome and toad. We lost our HR Endeavor and toad in September to a fire on I-95. And like you, we have no idea what started the fire. Glad to see you are looking for another one. We just replaced ours and the toad and went on our first short trip last weekend.
Best of wishes for you in your search and hope you are on the road again soon.
Dan and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #31

We had a similar fire on our fifth wheel. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant when my wife heard some fire engines and asked what I thought they were. I said it's probably just an emergency medical incident, the fire engines sometimes get there first. Someone at the next table said, no it's a trailer that's on fire. It was our trailer.

We had a tire blow out about a month before and it must have damaged a propane line. maybe the vibration and stress finally caused it to fail, the whole trailer was destroyed. I was able to unhook the truck from underneath the trailer before the truck also caught on fire. It was just a bad design for the propane lines to the fridge being where the tire damage could affect the lines.

I had left the dog in the truck that one time because it was a cool day. Normally we would let him stay in the trailer so he could eat and be more comfortable.

After seeing these pictures I am going to get a second fire extinguisher, a camera for the engine bay and possibly an electronic fuel shutoff.

Robert
blewis9991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire