Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #43

I knew that.

I hate it when people get technical on me with fact.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #44

Simply DEF is identical to 31% liquid urea that we have been spreading on crops and pastures for many many years. The main difference is the quality of the water used for dilution and more exacting standards on keeping it clean. The specs only call for it being + or - 1.5% of the 31% so with a little care and distilled water you COULD make your own. ..........think on my multi thousand dollar engine I will buy the commercial product that is formulated for the purpose in spite of the fact it is only injected into the exhaust. That exhaust would likely be expensive to repair if I screwed it up somehow. just saying....
Old 07-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #45

Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!

Rusty, is the Texas Boomers rally on Labor Day at a camp ground east of Bandera, TX on Hwy 16...several miles out of Bandera?

George
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #46

Texas Boomers Club
The Labor Day rally is at Skyline Ranch RV Park, 2231 Hwy 16N, Bandera, TX - more info regarding the park HERE. Hope you can join us.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #47

Those with 41 foot diesel coaches, with the Maxxforce engine, are reporting the same 9.5 - 10 mpg results...and without DEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
I do not have a diesel coach. I belong to a touring club and have talked to an owner of a DEF equiped coach. He had a 2006 Winnebago Journey (36') equiped with a "Cat" engine. He said he averaged 6.5-7 MPG with that coach. He traded it for a 2011 Winnebago Journey (40U). He said he is getting 9 1/2 to 10 MPG with the 40 footer.
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #48

I am new to the MH thing and said I would never own a diesel I just can't stand the smell and could not imagine being around something that smelled so bad. When the sales person wanted us to test drive the Berkshire I was very impressed. I love the power and the mileage I get with this DP. Two tanks and with out a toad on flat highways in MI I'm getting 12.5-13. I drive 65 MPH. I don't understand the issue of not wanting to have the DEF system. It's really a none issue and the only reason I bought the DP.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #49

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
what we will do is a "re-box" on a frame that is pre def or pre dpf
similar to what the show hauler guys do
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote