Friends, we who own Motor Homes that have a DEF System must do a better job in accurately explaining any problems you incur with the DEF system.
When you have a DEF sensor problem, STATE THE SPECIFIC SENSOR OR OTHER COMPONENT ACCURATELY, This will uncover the weak system components and help find solutions. For example,
- NOX Sensor failure, Inlet or Outlet
- Temperature Sensor failure, be specific
- Inlet or outlet Differential Exhaust gas pressure sensor failure
- DEF Fluid Level Sensor inside def tank failure
- DEF Injector valve or element failure
- DEF Doser Pump failure
- DEF Fluid Quality issue - we can control this ourselves
- List CODE number displayed
- Other issue ?
If we all do this a bit more scientifically, a likely technical weakness may be indicated that will lead to a final solution. Of course, we also need our EPA and legislators to be called, e mailed to seek a automatic override for a reasonable time, 30-60 days, after getting a serious alarm, before de rating the Motor Home speed to 5 MPH.