Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #1

Deleting Inverter

I am considering deleting my inverter since its bad anyway. I cannot see myself in a situation where I would boondock and ever need it since I have an onboard generator. Was thinking a couple state of the art chargers in that space would take care of the batteries but was wondering if anyone else has done this? Can someone give me their thoughts pros vs cons ideas maybe?
klucasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2020, 08:14 AM   #2

Sure, take it out and find a 75 amp Converter/charger to connect to the batteries.

https://www.ecodirect.com/PowerMax-P...hoCOP8QAvD_BwE

You will find some 120 volt wires connected to it. Wire them together, in a electric junction box, color for color.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Are you sure that it is not a combination inverter/charger?

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

Deleting Inverter

Sorry yes its an Inverter charger but its failing 1 circuit coming out of it loses power and randomly comes back on.
klucasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucasi View Post
I am considering deleting my inverter since its bad anyway. I cannot see myself in a situation where I would boondock and ever need it since I have an onboard generator. Was thinking a couple state of the art chargers in that space would take care of the batteries but was wondering if anyone else has done this? Can someone give me their thoughts pros vs cons ideas maybe?
We do not have an inverter in either our 5th wheeler or our MH. We do boondock and dry camp and with a generator to run the microwave we have no need to have an inverter. Occasionally we will run the geny to power the A/C but typically camp in places we don't need the A/C. We have 12volt rechargers for our phones and laptops. Just no need for the inverter in our style of RVing. With 1050 watts of solar on the 5th it provides 100% of our 12 volt power needs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucasi View Post
If you have a residential fridge and boondock you will have to run the generator a lot.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:02 PM   #7

When my generator developed an attitude I was glad I had an inverter as a backup. I guess it’s the prepper in me.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter