Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1

Did I get a good deal

I just purchased a 01 R-vision condor 35 ft with 2 slides. I am pretty sure that I got a good deal but want to hear from the experts. The coach was in pretty good shape but was not taken great care of mostly the exterior. There are a few things that needed to be fixed but I did not feel like any of the them where a big expense or issue. The MH has 25k miles on it abd everything under it was dry with no leaks engine, trans or rear. The auto park was not working, the entry step did not work and the water heater. The rear ladder had some broken mounts holding it to the coach. The tires where dry rotted and will be replaced at least 4 of them will I think the 2 inside rear tires will be ok. All other appliances work and it just needed a good cleaning top to bottom. I paid $15k for the Motorhome. I have been able to fix everything so far for not much money.
Bretrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Community Moderator

i don't know much about r-vision but from what you described it's a heck of a deal. for $15k, you can't even buy a tiny honda civic with that mileage.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ptice sound pretty good, but I would replace all the tires if it we're me, if the others are dry rotted I'm betting the inside duals won't be in that great of shape either
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretrx7 View Post
...I think the 2 inside rear tires will be ok. ...
Sounds like a great deal! We owned a Trail-Lite trailer (trailerable cousin to your Condor) and it was well built.

I would spend the extra money and get the inside rears replaced too. The rule of thumb is 5-7 years and '01 tires will be over 10 years. You don't want a blowout, even on your inner rears it will tear up your new-to-you coach, especially if wiring or plumbing are above them.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Sounds like a great deal! We owned a Trail-Lite trailer (trailerable cousin to your Condor) and it was well built.

I would spend the extra money and get the inside rears replaced too. The rule of thumb is 5-7 years and '01 tires will be over 10 years. You don't want a blowout, even on your inner rears it will tear up your new-to-you coach, especially if wiring or plumbing are above them.

I will look a the inside tires when I pull them off. They did not real bad by sticking my head in there to check. some of the other tires have been replaced as they are not all the make.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are tire date codes you can look at to determine age. Regardless of if they look good, The other poster is correct on the recommended age to replace. It's just not worth the risk. Based on what you describe, the classic "replace all fluids" (including rear differential) is likely also in order. Many roof seals, and such also likely need to be redone. if a rubber roof, look for dicor self leveling caulk and their instructions to remove the current stuff and replace. Enjoy - sounds like a nice deal. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=11
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #7

"Did I get a good deal"

I'd say that you got a good deal. You might have to worry about getting arrested for highway robbery, but other than that--congratulations.

I'll echo all of the other post about the tires; get all new ones. Even if you have to go to a slightly cheaper brand, it's better than having old tires. You're probably never going to wear them out, so just plan on changing them out in a few years.

So, happy travels, and stay in touch with the group.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #8

thanks I guess you guys are right about the tires. I was going to the cheaper Hercules tires from E bay. Guess 2 more will not break the bank.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #9

15K? Chump change.

That's, like, FREE.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote