Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Walmart credit card at Murphy fuel discounts $.06/gal.
Walmart gift card at Murphy discounts $.03/gal.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #16

Coming back from FL last week, diesel at Murphy at Tifton GA was 3.75 with walmart card and 3.78 without. Pilot Flying J was 4.10
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #17

We use a Flying J / Good Sam credit card and like it a lot! 8 cents off the cash price on diesel, 6cents on gas, and I forget but you also get a discount on propane. We made a 6,900 mile loop from NC to west last summer and used it the whole trip. Wife and I both applied for one in case I lost mine. Swipe the card at the pump and pump, don't have to go inside for anything! In Rapid City we bought Diesel, gas and propane on one receipt. Talk about a time saver!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm still learning a few new tricks to ease life with the MH. I see the Good Sam flying J
card is a charge card , not a credit card . As it allows pump start and pay at pump it sure is convenient . I'm still undecided if I will like having to pay the card balance in full each month .. Pen Fed is a looker also .. Good suggestions all
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might look at getting a cardlock card. I use Pacific Pride and I have bought fuel at as much as .50 less than the area pump prices. I do have to pay the full bill every month, but that's ok as I just budget it that way. There stations almost anywhere across the country.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
You might look at getting a cardlock card. I use Pacific Pride and I have bought fuel at as much as .50 less than the area pump prices. I do have to pay the full bill every month, but that's ok as I just budget it that way. There stations almost anywhere across the country.

Hi Bigdog...Would you be kind enough to elaborate a little more on this? It sounds like a good deal.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #21

Pen Fed for us as well, best card out there.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=bigdog;1524932]You might look at getting a cardlock card. I use Pacific Pride and I have bought fuel at as much as .50 less than the area pump prices. I do have to pay the full bill every month, but that's ok as I just budget it that way. There stations almost anywhere across the country.

Hi Bulldog,

Earlier this year I too learned about the Pacific Pride Card Lock Program and signed up through Pioneer Fuel, Olympia WA. Had heard that at some location fuel was a little cheaper, but the big advantage was the easy access and normally no waiting to fuel--all sounded good.

After getting our cards and planning this trip, first with their cards, we have found that every station on our route has been more than other fuel locations in that area, some 10% or more. The best we found was just a couple of pennies more, but the out-of-route drive to get the fuel didn't warrant the savings. And to add to the effort, we must call to get the RV fuel price, can't get it on line.

If you would please help us use this system to save as you have done, that will be appreciated. Which Pacific Provider do you use, where have you found your saving of up to $.50 per gallon and can you access prices without calling?

Thank you
Tom and Barb
2000 Bounder 39Z
tnrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
PenFed

I have been a loyal PenFed member for several years. The Platinum Cash Reward Card now gives 5% back on "at the pump fuel" purchases. This is deducted from your monthly statement - easy as pie. This card used to also give cash back back from other places, but now is a paltry 0.25% or so. If you find a station that limits purchases at the pump, when you reach the limit remove the hose and start another tansaction. The discount is only good at the pump, not in the store.

They also have the best mortgage rates I have found anywhere...
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #24

PenFed site shows 5% on Gas, doesn't mention diesel, but I assume from those that are getting 5% back some of you are on diesel. Is that correct. Thanks
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterpilot View Post
PenFed site shows 5% on Gas, doesn't mention diesel, but I assume from those that are getting 5% back some of you are on diesel. Is that correct. Thanks
That is correct - 5% on diesel, and 3% on grocery stores & 1% on everything else. I have the cash rewards card and request a card which they send and my spouse uses/spends. My friend has the card that deducts the earnings from his bill. Both ways seem to work well.

I think they and probably the others that give discounts for fuel use the store code so if you get fuel at a grocery store you may not get the 5% - I don't know for sure, just throwing it out for comment or thought.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post

That is correct - 5% on diesel, and 3% on grocery stores & 1% on everything else. I have the cash rewards card and request a card which they send and my spouse uses/spends. My friend has the card that deducts the earnings from his bill. Both ways seem to work well.

I think they and probably the others that give discounts for fuel use the store code so if you get fuel at a grocery store you may not get the 5% - I don't know for sure, just throwing it out for comment or thought.
The key as I understand from their website is you have to pay at the pump. No going inside to pay.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
That is correct - 5% on diesel, and 3% on grocery stores & 1% on everything else.
Note that while the 5% for pay at the pump fuel is accurate, the cash back amounts for all other purchases have been reduced to a miserly 0.25%. Here is a link to verify the card rewards: https://www.penfed.org/Platinum-Cash-Rewards/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The key as I understand from their website is you have to pay at the pump. No going inside to pay.
That is correct. When you pay at the pump it generates a code that triggers the 5% cash back. Using the card inside generates a different code and reduces the percent to 0.25%

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Note that while the 5% for pay at the pump fuel is accurate, the cash back amounts for all other purchases have been reduced to a miserly 0.25%. Here is a link to verify the card rewards: https://www.penfed.org/Platinum-Cash-Rewards/

That is correct. When you pay at the pump it generates a code that triggers the 5% cash back. Using the card inside generates a different code and reduces the percent to 0.25%

Are we are talking about different cards. This one still shows 5%, 3% & 1%. https://www.penfed.org/Platinum-Rewards/
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel