Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #29

TDS Eps gas card.

yes we have the card and drive right into the truck lanes. works so good and discount per gallon is awesome... 30 - 50 cents a gallon.
normburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #30

Why would you need an adapter ????????? I have a 2018 DP and do in the truck lane all the time with ZERO issues with the fuel nozzle . the only issue I have is that the fuel line and the DEF line are in the same housing and my DEF tank is behind the rear axle . Those are the only issues I have had in the truck lane
TomFicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCruiser View Post
We've used the TSD card for two years now. We drive a 40ft. MADP and only use the truck lanes for diesel & DEF.
The best discounts are found at TA Petro facilites.
Can you estimate the savings per gallon?
Jim
Hoof-hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #32

If you look at your fuel card it is a EFS fuel card issued by TSD. and yes my 2015 RAM 3500 accepts the truck land fuel nozzle just fine. also I think it will work almost anywhere you want to use it but you will Not get a discount except at selected locations and at this time the Petro and TA's are giving the greatest discount
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #33

F150 Power stroke never heard of such a thing.
Large nozzle has fit my 2000 F250, 2003 F350, 2005 F350, 2014 F350 and now my 2017 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunrollin View Post
Believe it or not but my 2018 F150 Powerstroke would not accept a "big truck" nozzle until I removed the factory quick fill thing. On a few trips where we needed the truck I would fill at the truck area but she had to go to the auto diesel pump.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:23 PM   #34

Forest River Owners Club
I have the TSD card and I'm wondering what the concern is. There's no reason for not using the truck lanes and you shouldn't need an adapter of any kind. Safe Travels!
Marciniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #35

My 2001 Ram will accept the large nozzle also.
The discounts are great.
king3859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #36

Our ExpeditionVehicle is converted from a commercial truck.

We have 'saddle-tanks', each filler opening -- on the tank -- is at least four times the size of an automobile-size filler.
This 'direct-deposit' fills the tank without tubes/hoses to a distant tank such as in a Buick.

This 'direct-deposit' also allows foam to easily dissipate.
On the rig, I can fill 140-gallons through a commercial nozzle in a couple-three minutes.
That commercial nozzle flows multiple times more fuel than an automobile nozzle.
For commercial operators, time is money.
For commercial operators, quickly filling then moving out of the pumps allows other commercial operators to also quickly fill.

On my Dodge pickup, the filler restrictions and diverting hoses require twenty minutes to fill twenty gallons.
That twenty minutes includes clambering up the bumper to shake the vehicle to 'burp' the tank so another couple-three gallons can be slowly fed into the distant tank.... then repeat, then repeat.

From your description, you sound as though your RecreationVehicle has an automobile-size filler going to hoses going to a distant tank.
If I was me with your rig, I would stick to the automobile lanes, and leave the heavy-truck lanes to working folk.
Time is money!
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof-hearted View Post
Can you estimate the savings per gallon?
Jim
We just joined this past summer and went on a 3500 mile trip where we used EFS exclusively, and I kept detailed track of the original and discounted costs as well as costs otherwise found in the same areas. Their deal was always better than any other prices we saw. After about 10 fills we saved an average of 38 cents per gal, or 14% off the pump price. Most of the time the discount was within 11%-18% off, although it varied from 7% to 24%. This is a lot better that Good Sam/Pilot and 5% discounts on credit cards. We will be using EFS as much as possible in the future. It makes trip stop planning easier too because we can preplan in advance where to get the best fuel prices along the way. Usually TA has been best.
EVO-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #38

Tds /efs

The saving vary - currently TA /Petro is the best discount and it can be substantial . On our recent FL trips we tried to use TA as much as possible and paid b/w 2.25 and 2.55 a gallon. If you use their app you can find the best discount. I always use the truck lanes as I know I can get in and out and not have to deal w/ the 4 wheelers or the close quarters. Some nozzles work better than others but have always got the fuel in.
K_n_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDisco View Post
This is impossible. My 2018 terrain, 2006 vw passat and my duramax have all been filled with diesel at truck stops in the semi lanes. The large nozzle will fit in every diesel I've ever owned.
My two cents, I had a 2003 Ram 2500 diesel and had no problem at the big truck lanes. But, with my 2015 Ram 3500, I can not beg the fuel to allow me to fill. Not slow, not fast. nada.
Woodbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDisco View Post
This is impossible. My 2018 terrain, 2006 vw passat and my duramax have all been filled with diesel at truck stops in the semi lanes. The large nozzle will fit in every diesel I've ever owned.
My 2016 3500 ram longhorn cumins it does, the 15 f350 work truck does ( disclaimer, it has a work bed on it) but my 2014 passat tdi sel does not. They do sell this which works

Some pumps I can fill fast, some slower.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_20...000072709.html

It may fit if I remove the gasoline protection device ( vw installed these as people kept putting gas in the diesel ) I have not looked into this.

Tsd has faced my tons, and in my area usually cheaper ( at some points WAY CHEAPER then others. I do use gas buddy, and various ccs to shop around. Tsd flat out states they do not always have the cheapest, and don't want you to use it unless they are, they are trying to save you money. Considering it is free to get, and use/ keep I see no downsides. It is just another tool in your toolbox use it appropriately and it will work well

Correction it does work on vw after removal

I know what I will be doing!
mega__man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:31 PM   #41

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I believe if using their card at one of their listed truck stops, the card will work at the auto pumps for diesel fuel only.
No, truck lanes only.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
Question, does this "TSD" card allow you to pay at the pump without going in like the FJ/Pilot card?
You don’t have to go inside at Flying J. Just fuel and go. I always write down the numbers after my husband is done fueling, since we track our fuel mileage. You can take a picture if easier. Never had a wrong charge. We no longer use Flying J/Pilot unless it’s only Truck Stop available. Since getting the TSD card we are primarily using TA/Petro saving between $.40 & $.60 a gallon. Love’s reduced their discount to $.16/gal. Too bad since starting the pump from cell phone was great.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel