Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would bet my money on the older DP's having higher quality components! They're always trying to find cheaper ways to build things now!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In 2015 we bought a 2009 CC Magna. The late DW was perfectly happy with the '02 Dutch Star we had but let me get the Magna. While the DSDP was a great rig for it's price point the Magna is several steps up. Not sure I'd call it equal to a Prevost conversion, Newell or Foretravel but close. Besides, we could afford the Magna without sacrificing all our retirement funds.
But the engine problem just about soured the late DW on RV's!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I would bet my money on the older DP's having higher quality components! They're always trying to find cheaper ways to build things now!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If I bought my Ventana 10 years ago it would be missing:

Comfort Drive
STAR Foundation
V-Ride
Better Electronics
Better Engine Diagnostics
Better Ergonomics
Residential Refrigerator
Better batteries
Better woodworking (Yes, I've seen the old ones)
Better tow capacity (don't know for certain)
Double pane windows
Battery disconnect at entrance
Better shades/blinds
Better lighting (LED)
Better air handling
Better sound system
Better slide system
Better slide locks (mechanical slide locks)
Fiberglass roof
Better headlights
Better backup/side cameras
etc.

Yep, sure don't build'em like they use to.
Waywards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences. Very much appreciate it.........
Kodiakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #19

purchased 2 gas motorhomes (used) hated driving them -purchased a new gas motor home and it was work driving it! Rattled, rough ride, poor gas mileage 31footer. after 2to 3 hours driving it was tired out. Drove a used newer diesel and wow it was nite and day difference. sold my gas rig and looked around, found a 2005 winnabago journey 39 foot with less than eleven thousand miles on it sold my 30' fr3 and purchased the winnaabago for less than what I sold fr3 for- it drives and rides like a dream and quietly.
Only thing I have had to do to it is to add the newer tvs to it. I have no problem driving this coach much longer distances without getting tired. nice to be able to talk in a normal voice to communicate to others in coach while driving! Very quiet with rear enging pusher.
Lfrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakan View Post
I see where I can get an 6 to ten year newer gas rig for the same money. But I wonder if the newer rigs have cheaper componants such as heaters, pumps etc. I think I understand the ride and chassis longevity difference and am setting that whole issue aside for now. My question is do they put the same quality components in the gassers and are the old diesel house componants of better quality than the new gassers? I am looking at Tiffin, Monaco and HR, Newmar and a few other good coaches. Also, thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom.
Kodiakan
The reliability of RV "house components" is more dependent the year the RV was manufactured...and on the RV manufacturer... than it is on whether the RV is diesel or gasoline powered.

Most RV builders use the same, (or very similar), "house components", (appliances, furnaces, water heaters, refrigerators, water pumps, inverters, 12VDCV and 120VAC electrical systems, etc), in BOTH diesels and gassers.
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, ems, gas, quality