Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
The smaller dis VIP211z boxes do indeed have a network connector on the backside but its not used.
I did plug an external hard drive in the back but had to psy a 40.00 one time fee. Only can record one channel but nice if your away during the event.
The internet connection is an ethernet cord -or- the optional WiFi adapter (USB stick) that is supposed to be usable on all the 211's:
https://www.dishformyrv.com/wi-fi-usb-adapter/

Like all of the Dish "solo" receivers (no built-in DVR), the one-time $40 fee activates the firmware within the 211 for the external-hard-drive. Any add'l receiver on that account activates for free.

Finally, if you add the OTA tuner to any 211 (built-in the 211k), it will download and display guide info for that OTA channel alongside the SAT channel (if you call Dish to get the locals).
https://www.dishformyrv.com/over-the...-out-of-stock/
Then it can record a SAT event -AND- an OTA event at the same time
Plus, while recording, you can play-back any event on your DVR listing.

We never watch live TV anymore thanks to the DVR...zap through commercials anytime way can.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #86

I was thinking about the OTA option but when I relocate I get my service address changed that gives me the local channels so I did not purchase the OTA adapter.

One other note about dish, When I call in to get my "service address" changed 90% of the time they end up modifying my billing info as well and nothing works. I end up having to call in a 2nd time to get it corrected.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschneider View Post
Since we are talking about Dish vs. Direct, how does Direct get it's on demand content sat or internet (like Dish does)?
I finally got my receiver from the house set up in the RV. On demand appears to be set up to use the internet. I learned I can watch programs that were recorded at home even with no satellite connection. When trying to get on demand it says no internet is conected. The direct TV so far has worked great. Traveled 10 states in the last week.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #88

The thread is confusing, not because of the contributors but because of our "reliance"? on marketing of the two companies.
My situation is this: I've had DirecT since 2000. I've had as many as 6 receivers in my home and RV (and paid the price?). I've also had AT&T since I lived at home. Now they're together and are giving away the store to those that sign up (hopefully for their $200.00 package, until they learn better).
Unfortunately, I'm in my elder years and on lower fixed income for many reasons.
I have an original (not HD) dish on my roof and the original (not HD) receiver in my RV.

Does anyone have a good, relatively low cost way to get HD and the ability to record into my '03 Monaco Dynasty/??? DirecT does not seem to really care about the RV industry or its long standing elder customers.

George (frustrated) Leyda
Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #89

We purchased Pathway X2 and subscribe to Dish Smartpack for 40/month
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #90

I have Directv and have a winegard in motion(dome) antenna. I am thinking of switching to Dish because of Dtv customer service (or lack thereof). Can anyone with a similar setup (no Trvlr antenna) tell if there is a delay with Dish when changing channels that are on different Sats? We had Dish years ago and had this delay problem.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
I have Directv and have a winegard in motion(dome) antenna. I am thinking of switching to Dish because of Dtv customer service (or lack thereof). Can anyone with a similar setup (no Trvlr antenna) tell if there is a delay with Dish when changing channels that are on different Sats? We had Dish years ago and had this delay problem.
Thanks
We have Dish, had a Winegard (portable stationary) for years and now have the Dish Playmaker. We use satellite tv when we are going to be stationary and no cable tv available, most of the time we in an area where we have no cell service so I most likely will not be near the tv when talking to a Dish trouble shooter. We are happy with Dish customer service for the most part, they did have a line that went direct to trouble shooters that dealt only with Dish/RV issues. Main issue I have is reaching someone who I can understand, or understands me. No delay when changing channels.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #92

on a HD portable dish net system you will always have a very slight delay when it switches satellites but not worth worriyng about
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish