Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #43

Probably never again

Probably never again. Have been a motorhome owner for 16 years now and before that have had travel trailers and boats. I always washed them myself. I’m a 5 foot 2 66 year-old female and enjoyed doing it. It wasn’t because I was too cheap to pay someone I just enjoyed keeping it clean myself. But a few years ago I had rotator cuff problems and needed surgery. Found out that other people could do the job faster and just as well. Mainly because they bring in a crew of people. When you consider the cost of your supplies your safety and wear and tear on your body you will at some point throw in the towel and hire someone else to do it. Sit down and have an adult beverage and enjoy how good your coach looks afterwards. Mine is also a 43 footer. I have ours washed several times a year and waxed once or twice
SanCristobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I just washed and polished our 43' coach. I keep telling myself "Never Again", but when another year rolls around, I just don't want to pay someone else $10/ft to do it. I shouldn't complain too much, as I get to do it in my sons 80' X 110' building out of the bugs and sun. I complained last year about having to climb the 10' step ladder so many times to do the top 5-6', so he bought a used E-Z Lift. He made it sound like he did it for me, but he also has a 45' coach and 26' enclosed trailer, so I suspect he had other motives. It worked great. I could lift myself to the top and move along a side front to rear. It didn't make the job what I would call fun, but it was a lot easier and safer. Maybe I'll do it again next year.
Yes, I purchased all the equipment from Rupes, and did a complete 2 step paint correction.

I also bought an Aluminum plank that goes with my Little Giant ladder to make a scafold so I can walk along the top section.

I thought about buying a man lift also but they are out of my price range.

For maintenance, I use Turtlewax Hybrid ceramic wash with a Marry Moppins lambs wool head and 2 bucket system, along with a pressure washer and Deionizer for a spot free rinse.

I plan to do it again this fall.

Ted.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #45

Use washwaxall.com 10 years full timing. Takes the "W" out of the work.
saks1672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #46

I use F11 ceramic wax and am very pleased with it. After a good wash job it goes on and off very easily leaving a great shine and a very smooth finish. It rinses off easily to keep it clean along the way and using a squeegee is easy to dry it.

The best thing about the ceramic waxes is the more you use them the better they seem to do since they build up layers and smooth in the spots you may not of gotten the best the last time.

----------------------------
2016 Allegro Open Road 36LA
2017 Ford Edge Titanium
jfmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
Hmmm. I just use the Wash and Wax in a bottle. I get on my roof 3x a yr and it still looks like New, after 8 yrs. Then I use the same Wash and wax in a bottle on the rest of the coach. Some times I do the whole rig in one day. Some times I do the top, front and passenger side one day and the back and driver side the next day. I lather it down 2x then rinse it. It shines beautifully. Do I buff it? Hell no. Do I have some water dry spots, sure, but you can't see them 10-6 ft away. And very few people get to come that close to my rig. Even at most campgrounds people pass by and still say:"oh man what a nice rig." Just like I complement folks on their rigs if it's well kept. If it's not well kept I say nothing. Have I buffed it before, absolutely, but I don't make it a must-do. I wash my roof 3x a yr and the body 4x. That's enough for me.
Can you provide the brand/name of your "Wash and Wax in a bottle"? Thanks! - Art
Old 08-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have ours done twice a year...WELL WORTH the$$$s
(didn't watch/do my previous Monaco and boy did the exterior go to "h"::;l)
WORD OF ADVICE:
" KEEP PROTECTION on your RIG"
PaceArrow06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #49

Ceramic 9h coating here. Yes, I pay a guy, yes it's expensive, yes it's worth it. My coach shines the same as it did when it was applied in October. The hydrophobic qualities are amazing.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
I hand wax my Monaco 38 twice a year wash every trip
mark 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #51

Haven’t yet

We bought our 2018 Newmar dutchstar two years ago and paid extra have some special coating put on the RV to protect it. Do I still need to do a wax on that and if so why. We wash it often and then Use D ionized water to rinse off. We then have to do a little bit of cleaning to catch the drips that are left over. Thanks.
Jba31857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #52

Love Yuma, try to get by there each year missed last year, the guys I used charged $3 a ft. I tipped the 4 guys $5 ea. They were happy and I was thrilled at the job they did.
dmarrs8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #53

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarrs8585 View Post
Love Yuma, try to get by there each year missed last year, the guys I used charged $3 a ft. I tipped the 4 guys $5 ea. They were happy and I was thrilled at the job they did.
Wash AND wax??
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #54

waxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I just washed and polished our 43' coach. I keep telling myself "Never Again", but when another year rolls around, I just don't want to pay someone else $10/ft to do it. I shouldn't complain too much, as I get to do it in my sons 80' X 110' building out of the bugs and sun. I complained last year about having to climb the 10' step ladder so many times to do the top 5-6', so he bought a used E-Z Lift. He made it sound like he did it for me, but he also has a 45' coach and 26' enclosed trailer, so I suspect he had other motives. It worked great. I could lift myself to the top and move along a side front to rear. It didn't make the job what I would call fun, but it was a lot easier and safer. Maybe I'll do it again next year.
I have a protocol I have committed to. At the end of each travel day, after set up I do 'bug duty' and clean off the bug debris from the front of the coach. After each trip I wash it thoroughly. Then twice a year I hand polish it. Once to start the season and then at the end before I store for the winter. It is just a 30' Cl A so not too onerous a job.
belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I usually pay for a professional detail once a year, to include buffer with polish. At this point, I don't have the spare time and am happy to pay the $350.

I have a 2008 large DP. She always looks great and she is always stored outside.

I use wash and wax all for all cleaning between the annual details. I get compliments every where I go.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterless-Oun...8201354&sr=8-2

When I go full time, I will probably do this myself, but at this point, I am happy to pay the young guys who work hard. It is a time saver for me.
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #56

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Blue Beacon on the way back to the barn and wash wax all just before we leave. We throw in some Armor All Pearlescent or Turle Wax ceramic wash and wax if it's sitting home for awhile and just before it goes into storage for the cold months and when it comes back out.

Tags
motor, motorhome