Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Overall, I enjoy the exterior TV and exterior speakers on our Thor 37TB. I use the exterior speakers connected via Bluetooth listening to Pandora most mornings while enjoying a cup of coffee and while grilling. Also, I enjoy the exterior TV when there is a sporting event worth watching. I always try to keep the volume at a minimum out of respect for others.

Couple of comments on oddities/learnings from our MH. The exterior speakers are only for the radio/Bluetooth unit from the Master bedroom, not the external TV. And the quality of the SEIKI TV's within the Thor Challenger are less than desirable not being cable ready (which really stinks if the campground offers cable for watching sporting events). I'm in the process of switching two of the TVs as we rarely watch TV, but when the family does it will be nice to utilize cable.

Minor inconveniences and we love our Challenger 37TB.
Jbird_in_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
I eel the same about the outside entertainment center as I do about a bath and a half. What a waste!

We rarely use our mostly during football season. With 4 TV's it may be a little overkill. Now our bath and a half is a must have when traveling with guest.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:27 PM   #31

We had no desire for an outside entertainment system, but our used Class C came with one. We'll be entertaining guests in the infield at the Daytona 500 this year, and I'm sure that we'll have the TV on and that no one will be complaining about the sound from our TV!

Curious, does anyone just turn the sound down and use closed captioning, or use a Bluetooth headset? I know that sounds hard core, but it would eliminate the noise problem.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
We have been known to regularly watch important games in a group setting. Especially when some of the watchers are more exuberant. Little spilled beer, potato chip crumbs on the patio - no worries.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #33

We use ours all summer long as we like to be outside grilling, watching baseball games, working the blender, and having a few pops. Frig is right there for us... and yes we keep the volume way down so we don't disturb anyone It's way better than folks who are constantly going in and out of their RV slamming the door every time they need a cold one.
Moonless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We reserve the right to use ours but are always considerate of neighbors. We do the same at home where we have outdoor entertainment on our town home patio.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #35

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbdavis View Post
I've always considered these kind of one of those "Annoy your neighbors" upgrades, but as we look to configure our new coach, they seem to be standard.

I'm curious, do you use yours much? I can see the benefit of watching some TV while lounging outside, but does the sound irritate the campground around you?

Curious to see some honest responses.
Had a box TV in it, when purchased and have since thrown it to the curb, with no replacement as yet. In fact welcomed the extra storage, but who knows.
Turned the radio on a couple of times while working in the driveway, but that's about it.
We have seen them, as an absolute necessity for the smoking crowd.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I'll just say that I have been annoyed by people's outside TVs in campgrounds but have never actually complained because I never know how someone will react.

So I just put up with it, but that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed.
That's us, too. Nowadays it could be a safety hazard to complain. We just hope that they will leave soon.... or we will.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #37

It is fairly simple to put a bluetooth adapter on the TV and use a bluetooth headset to listen to a TV in situations where the normal sound is a problem...like when someone else is sleeping. It's not expensive either. You can look it up or just go to a Best Buy and tell one of the kids what you want to do..the youngsters will fix you right up. There is no reason the sound should be an issue in using the outdoor entertainment. The manufacturers could easily address this and win some favorable sales items.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have an outside TV. Never use it. Only time it's been opened and on was when checking out everything at purchase time. However, my son has a motorhome and use an outside TV often for movie evenings.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Our Rev had an outside entertainment center. I removed the TV and now use the extra space to store my tools.

At first, the outside TV sounded like something we'd enjoy. However, we prefer watching TV inside. When outside we enjoy listening to music, having a glass or so of wine/scotch, chit chat with new folks, enjoy a fire, or just watch the world go by.

I've seen many folks using their outside entertainment centers. As others have said, 99.9% of the time it's no different than folks sitting outside and chatting.

Thanks!
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I feel the same way about some people's children, but I never complain.

Amen brother! I have an outside TV and use it often, it will not turn up loud enough to be heard over 20-25 feet away since the speakers are on the back of the tv and most of the sound projects into the kitchen cabinet. Would not buy a new coach without a bath and a half either. The full bath is hers and the half is mine. She allows me to shower in her bath.

While we are discussing pet peeves, what's with people who while walking there dogs, will stand in the street looking at whatever I am doing at the time until I acknowledge them. When I wave or speak to them they just turn and walk away. I have had this happen numerous times and the only common denominator is that there RV usually has a tag from a state that borders Canada. Just sayin!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #41

We use our outside TV more than the 3 indoor sets. We watch NASCAR all week end relaxing with the beautiful weather and cooking a few meals outside as well. The volume is set as not to be offensive to others and we avoid campgrounds that your neighbor is right on top of you. We take the coach out to get away from people and stress.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #42

I use mine every once in a while and I am very cautious with the volume. I use it mostly for play along music or some music lessons. My wife does not appreciate fine music so I play outside for the birds. On our last trip, when the grandkids saw the outdoor TV, they just had to sit outside and watch a kid movie. JH
micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door