Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased new tires this year and the salesman had no problem making sure the tires were only a few months old- they had to order them and when they came in he called me and told me the date of manufacture. seems like everything I need here in Elkhart they have to order - I'm waiting on a few parts to come in at Freightliner - we might be the RV capital but not the parts capital. LOL
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
As long as you don't have to pay anything up front to order the tires, have them get the tires and if they are not to your liking when you see them, tell them why and don't pay for them.

I had this option on the last set I bought for my truck and they were Toyo's. They came in and were within 6 months date code. I took them as they were difficult to come by at the time.

Did the same thing with my coach at a different dealer and checked the codes before they put them on. These were Michelin 295's.

Both dealers were truck tire dealers and both said that the distributor at the warehouses would not hand pick date codes.

If a dealer has the tire in stock, then you can pick the date codes but I would imagine it would be difficult to get them through a dealer that has to get them from a distribution center, not impossible evidently but difficult.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #31

Alright help the new guy out here. Within the next month or two we will be getting our first DP, actually our first motorized RV ever. I need to understand the aging tire situation. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDMcK View Post
Alright help the new guy out here. Within the next month or two we will be getting our first DP, actually our first motorized RV ever. I need to understand the aging tire situation. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Some people here will tell you (wrongly I might add) that tires HAVE to be changed at 5 years or you're going to kill yourselves and everyone around you.
Tire manufacturers say, in writing, that tires, treated correctly, will last at least 5 years, then they should be inspected annually by a professional and absolutely replaced at 10 years. Michelin is one and they, as well as GoodYear and Toyo publish RV Tire Guides that give this info. I have all three at home.
I'd post the actual quotes but they're on my laptop and I just put it away since I'm about to leave work and head home.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Michelin RV tire Guide

Mr D is correct, Here is the Michelin RV Tire Guide.....

RV_Tires_Brochure.pdf

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
update #2

Well, it's been one full week, today, and Howell Truck Tires in Pensacola, FL still has not responded to my email, nor my Phone call, request for a Quote on 6 TOYO M154 245/75R22.5 tires for my MH. Good grief, this is a $2800.00 sale!! It has truly scared them thoughtless to be asked to provide tires that have a DOT mfg date less than 6 months old! I wish I could bring this to the attention of whoever the owner is! Man, business must be great! Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires